E2 | Starlight

II

II.

The area was lit with prismatic neon lights. Music was blaring. To Jeongguk this particular club was saudade. Clicking on his Testoni shoes, he entered, Starlight.

He gulped the bittersweet saliva and dragged his feet through the corridors. In the corner of his eyes, he caught a glimpse of a blonde swaying her body to 16 Shots by Stefflon Don. With a warm smile, a male steward escorted Jeongguk to an empty room, with a perfect array of the blonde performing.

"Sir, what would you like to be served?" The steward's thick Latin-Hangul accent snapped him out of his reverie. He mouthed 'Nothing.' Before reverting his eyes on the performance. "That is Sana, she's fresh off the boat." The steward explained, receiving a scowl from Jeongguk.

As if I were interested.

"I'd like to speak to, Park Sajangnim." The steward bit his lips nervously before trailing away. Jeongguk smiled to himself, cursing lightly under his breath. He tapped his expensive shoes, glancing at the Rolex he wore on his left wrist.

Jimin hyung, you're always late.

"Tae-ah, I'll get back to you later. Have a client to attend."

Jeongguk's ears perked up when he heard a familiar voice. His eyes slowly discerned the man cladded fully in white, blonde-hair sleeked. He couldn't help but flash a small smile.

Has been years, hyung.

"Ah Mr. Jeon, after dozens of calls we finally meet. What would you like to drink?" Jimin grabbed a seat facing him. Jeongguk ran his fingers through his hair, rubbing his fingers together. "Nothing probably, let's settle the accounts then. What do you say, Mr. Jeon?"

The atmosphere became tense as Jeongguk smiled for the umpteenth time today. As if his insides weren't churning already, he took a sip of water served in front of him. A burning sensation flared in his intestines, "Park Jimin-ssii, hyung, let's talk please."

The latter laughed cynically, before taking a drag of his cigar, "We're talking. I saw you eyeing the dancer over there." Jimin pointed to the blonde, petite figure undulating on the metal bar. "You need a distraction? What now? bored of this wife as well?"

Now this was enough.

Jeongguk's blood ran cold as anger flushed on his face, "You're crossing the threshold hyung. I'm loyal to my wife."

Without a word, Jimin started fiddling the rim of his glass with his index finger. He kept mum for a iridescent minute before flashing his infamous smirk, "Loyal , you say? That's a new term coming from you. I thought you and your wife mutually cheat on each other. Isn't it a cycle?"

Mutual cheating? A cycle?

A frown was painted on Jeongguk's face. An indistinct widespread furore rose in the crowd surrounding the dance stage. His eyebrows quirked up, desiring to saunter around but curiosity kills a cat.

Jimin cleared his voice with the volition of endeavouring to revert his gaze from the dance floor, "Anyway Mr. Jeon, I don't intend to bash my client at all, let's settle the accounts. I have places to be." The blonde put out a metre long billing paper in front of him.

His eyebrows knitted together. Jeongguk internally gasped in shock. Fuck, at this rate, he was going to get poor. Who squandered his wealth like that? Now, Jeon Jeongguk was not a miser at all. Howbeit, if someone that is not him spends his money lavishly, he would obviously not feel altruistic.

His mien was impassive, undecipherable. He took out a booklet and flung a blank cheque. A sigh followed as Jimin wrote the amount on the piece of parchment. 50,230,000 KRW. Nearly 45,000 US dollars! Who could possibly used his bank account to meet their luxury? The only people who had access to his wealth were him and his wife, Tzuyu.

Tzuyu couldn't possibly extract this huge amount of money from his bank account.

Jeongguk momentarily choked on his saliva, his feelings were poignant. With a cracked voice and his eyelashes lowered, "I haven't been to Starlight since...Who could be using my money? Is it Tzu? You mentioned about mutual cheating. Hyung, is it her?"

He looked somewhat near broken like he was contemplating if the outcome suspicions were how he thought them to be. Nevertheless, in order to help the poor guy, Jimin was poised when he answered wittily, "We don't reveal sensitive information of our customers."

Needless to say a word, Jimin casually strode off to the crowds leaving Jeongguk alone in he lounge. His world was levitating currently. Getting a grip of himself, he eventually left the lounge.

As Jeongguk was about to decamp himself from the obscene upbeat bar. A foreign yet familiar voice rang in his ears. He indistinctively turned about to see a blonde figure on the pole. He swore Starlight had an obsession with blonde pole dancers but what took his guard off was when he spotted her, pole dancing in front of males. Males who were intramurally devouring her body, sexualizing her.

A/N <3
who might 'her' possibly be?

Word Count: 848 words