1.9

(A/N - Warning: Graphic content is present throughout this chapter. You've been advised)

"Mr. Kim! Who are you wearing tonight?"

"Custom Alexander McQueen paired with Gucci shoes," Taehyung chuckles at the brassy reporter for immediately rushing at him with a question on his fashion choices, leaving the other reporters grunting that they weren't first.

"And the jewelry?", the reporter asks, pointing to his hand and ears.

"The earrings," he reaches for his right ear, "are Aporro Wong. As for the rings, they're BVLGARI."

"WOW!" The reporter exclaims, almost making Taehyung flinch (but he's too much of a professional to make it obvious. "Taehyung-ssi, your style never disappoints, especially on the red carpet!"

"Thank you, I always try to look my best, especially for my fans," he winks into the crowd of fawning fangirls, eliciting brain-racking screams on queue.

"But most importantly, Y/N would be mad if I came out here unkempt or not matching with her."

I chuckled, looking dearly at Taehyung as I playfully nudged him on the shoulder.

"Oh stop it, Tae! You make me sound like a bad guy!"

"If this is what a bad guy looks like, I might join the dark side!" the reporter jokes, causing Tae to chuckle, too.

"Seriously, Y/N could be walking around in a trash bag at this premier and still outshine everyone here!" Taehyung says fondly, forcing me to look away as I blush at the compliments being thrown my way so publicly. Feeling his finger slide to my chin, he turns my head back to him, surprising me with a small peck on the forehead.

The sounds of swooning from the crowd and the reporter make me want to die of uncontrollable blushing as I shrink from the admiration I feel swarming off of Taehyung.

"Daebak! Korea's youth are getting more affectionate with skinship by the day! My wife would divorce me before I could give a peck like that in public!", the reporter lets out a deep-throated laugh.

"Can we all give it up for this beautiful couple!"

Cheers erupt from the crowd, chants such as "Go LeeKim!" and "Kiss Her Again!" come from back and front, leaving me filled to the brim with happiness that people are so accepting.

At least, until someone shouting "To Hell with Lee Y/N!" cuts through the praise, making everyone grow quiet. Even the sound of cameras slows their snapping until it's nothing but silence.

I mean, this sort of dissent is expected, but I didn't think it'd be enough to quiet such a bustling movie premiere. I search into the crowd for the source of the voice, but all I see are poorly made out faces and blinding lights facing me.

"That bitch is a murderer! She's also a part of a gang!"

What? How do they know that?

"No, I-- that isn't the full story."

"She's not denying it! So it's true?!"

"Wow, what a bitch!"

"Isn't she an officer?"

"To Hell with Lee Y/N!"

The jeers grew, coming from every direction in a matter of seconds. I looked around frantically, hoping for someone to be a voice of reason in the crowd and to stand up for me. But even the reporter and paparazzi were joining in, chanting, and snapping away.