Chapter 2: The last day...

Jace Carson

 Jace Carson

People say 'time passes by as the blink of an eye', but for me it was the longest week of my entire 28 years of living. That being said, it has been a week since Nathan and Ashton pulled out that heroic stunt for me, the effects of which we had to face as we were basically given a 'Green Vieene' (working in off time), Captain's orders. He wasn't satisfied yet, so he gave us the entire fucking pile of reports to be dealt with. I was dead...

To say I was furious would be an understatement, but somewhere in my heart, I do actually feel awful, not because they acted the way they did, but because I felt like I should've been the one smashing Frank's face...

Hey! I got punished for nothing.

Finally, it's a release for me from all this hassle. After an entire week of sleepless nights and sweat breaking hard work. I crave for relief, even if its just for a month. I have been done with all my packing and waiting in the alley, almost ready to leave when my gaze catches Sergeant Mark along with Sergeant Prescott walking towards me. The sounds of their heavy footsteps clicking in the hallway as they near me. It's times like these, that I wish an invisibility cloak could have done me a lot better. It's not that they are like Frank or anything but both of them are extreme narsissts, another reason why I have only Nathan and Ashton by my side and not many people around here.

"Hey, Lieutenant Carson what are you doing in here? Quite desperate to get away, are we?" Sergeant Prescott is the first one to speak, with an amused expression gracing his light bearded face.

"We're leaving in about an hour, so I guess I'm waiting for..." I am cut off by Mark.

"Dude we're not leaving till another 4 hours"

My eyes widen. Come again?

"What?" I ask, my mouth all of a sudden feeling dry.

He continues with a malevolent glint in his pale blue eyes "Yeah, it's true, do you even check the time properly?" he asks in mocking disappointment. But Ashton told me we're leaving at 9 that's the reason I got up at 5 to pack up all of my stuff. But then again I didn't see anyone along the corridors with their belongings and also a few officers and staff passing by gave me oddly weirded looks. God! I can't believe this! That motherfucker made me stand out here alone like a desperate doofus!

He is not getting away this time!

"Anyways that's not why we came here. They're having a match on the field and both of your guys are participating, so aren't you joining?" asks Mark with a slight rise in his left eyebrow, perplexed that I am still here. "Yeah I know about that, you guys head up there. I'll catch up with you" I lie and with a dismissive nod, they walk away.

I can't believe nobody told me about this, not even Nathan. They have a lot of explaining to do when I get there. But first, I have to keep my bags back in my room before anyone else sees me.