Chapter 7: The Date.

Jace Carson

Jace Carson

As week days passed by smoothly. The knife wound had blended into my skin in shape of a a gruesome scar etched to remind me of the event that took place. Among the few days that passed I couldn't help but think about Scarlett. She was one odd person, yet there was something twisted about her that made me curious.

I had already gotten back to my regular gym, with mild exercise for my fractured ribs. A few days go by partying clubbing and hanging out with the guys. Ashton seemed quite cheerful at the idea of me banging the hottest lady in our squad.

He had taken my advice, and was going to surprise Nera with a trip to Hawaii. He's very ecstatic about the whole thing. I am quite happy for them. No matter how much of a jerk, and dumb-wit Ashton was, he still loves her. Even after a good 3 years into their relationship, the way his eyes crinkled talking about her, was a living proof.

I have never been in a long term relationship. Heck, they never even lasted for a month. But the bitter sweet part of relationships always intrigued me. Creepy stares, hand holding and promises of forever, off the table.

I'm never opposed to falling for someone, it's just the cheesy and clingy stuff that comes along with it that makes me wanna cringe and puke.

Though with Alexis, its a new start. Given that- I'm not a strong rooter for love. But I can't deny that I had feelings for her ever since I met her. It was not because of her smile or the way she talks or the way she looks. Definitely not that shit. Her attitude, the way she carries herself, and the mass confidence in her little brown eyes .

That had me in for her.

With a determined look on my face, I grab my car keys as I strode off my apartment. I had called Alexis, saying I would be the one to pick her up. Dressed in a tight T-shirt and ripped jeans I took a look in the rear view mirror. Satisfied, I leave the neighborhood.

After almost half an hour of drive I reach the address that she had texted me yesterday. They had just moved into the neighborhood, the area was active with kids riding bicycles around, women jogging, old men reading newspaper in their lawns. It's almost evening with sun disappearing from the horizon, creating hues of blended orange and red. The evening waiting for it's call.

I get out of my car as I make my way to the porch. It's an average sized rowhouse, with a small patch for garden and swing that hung lazily on the tree, which lay at the far end of the house. I press the doorbell with a charming smile ready to greet the familiar faces.

Few seconds later, the door opens to reveal a tall man in his sixties with light blonde hair and dark brown eyes that hold recognition.

"Right on time Lieutenant." Her father stood in the doorway with a welcoming smile.

"Wouldn't want to get on her bad side on the first date." I return the smile. He gestures me to come in. Her father has a friendly personality and the way he holds himself and his family together was admirable. "Smart answer" he appreciates.