Chapter 4: The Party.

Jace Carson

Jace Carson

35 minutes!

That's how fucking long it's been since I have been here waiting for those assholes to show up at Caramela ice cream parlor. Already being in a sour mood didn't help me holding on to my patience.

I'm fucking pissed.

Almost two days have passed since the awful dinner at my father's house and I'm still trying to get over it. Unfortunately, however the entire concept isn't new to me, it has always been that way between him and me.

The irony being, I never get to enjoy a proper family time without me being kicked out of it. That's our story at the end of the day. But there's just one regret, that; I had to leave Zac and Luke the way I did. They often have their vacations at my place, working at the tourist agency, their parents are busy the most during that time.

And of course there's another regret, I wasn't able to devour the damn blueberry cheesecake. I did pity myself at times. But I ain't gonna let these thoughts enter my mind again, I'm done replaying this shit over for two days in a row.

I've been sitting here for almost an hour now, even the waiters have been giving me pity looks. Where are these shitty assholes? It's extremely stupid to wait for someone when you yourself are to give them a treat. It's almost afternoon, these fuckers won't even pick up my damn call.

That's it!

Just when I am about to leave I see two familiar figures approaching the parlor. I wave at them to catch their attention which is thankfully successful as they start walking towards the table.

"Hey, man" Ash makes a move to give me a cool fist bump. I so want to hit his face with that of my own fist. "Don't you 'hey man' me, I've been waiting for you guys for over an hour now" I snap, he looks at me wide-eyed. "Whoa!... what crawled up your ass?" One thing I hate and that's when people make me wait. "It wasn't my fault this idiot forgot to fill gas, and we had to drive half-way back" Nathan smacks Ash at the back of his head.

"Hey, It was an honest mistake" he says slightly offended.

"Are you guys done now?" I ask bored.

"What has caused you to be all grumpy today?" Nathan notices immediately.

I clear my throat. "How about the fact that I waited for an hour and then finally you guys decide to grace me with your presence?" I lie... well partially.

"Okay... now let's not spoil the ice cream treat over here" Ash says attempting not to get on my nerves since that could maybe sabotage his treat. I smirk at that and give them a nod. We all settle.

"What have you been doing these days no phone calls for me?" Ash pouts sickly.

"I've been busy" I reply rolling my eyes.