Chapter 21: Sacrifice

Y/N walked back to camp with no issues, no Entity, Talbot, Observer, nothing. They quietly entered camp and sat in their usual spot.

"Y/N! There you are." Claudette said. "You didn't have to leave yah know, David was in the wrong."

"I know, but I have places to go, he doesn't."

"It's just good to have you back, the camp seems so down without you sometimes."

Y/N nodded, they sighed and stared into the fire enjoying the peace and quiet.

"Quentin?" Y/N said after a while.

"Yes?"

"Freddy...he had a wife right? What happened to her?"

"Did he tell you about that?" Quentin asked

"No, I was just informed my father was there when she died."

"Oh... I-"

"It's ok Quentin, I expected this out of him, he was never the best person I just, wish I knew more, Freddy keeps his past with him secret and it's frustrating."

"I'm going to be honest here, if he's keeping it a secret it's probably for a good reason. But yeah I know about his wife, she was murdered by his old friends."

"That's awful..."

"It really was, he- actually showed me what when down in a flashback-"

Quentin was cut off as The Entity's black fog surrounded Y/N.

"Heh, nothing new, see you after the trial." Y/N giggled sadly.

Quentin nodded as the fog surrounded their vision and Y/N was called into trial.

The red forest, not a to bad map but Y/N hated the way the rain made their clothes wet, but they could be wet with something worse...blood. They were alone starting out, so they quickly moved to a generator and begin working.

"Hey Y/N." Zarina appeared, Y/N gave a curt nod before both of them started working on the gen together. Zarina was one a good one, she was nice and kind to everyone unless they gave her a reason not too.

Boom

Gen done.

Y/N followed Zarina in to the main house, there wasn't any sight of the killer yet. They began working on the upstairs generator, not saying a word.

Suddenly, Jake came running over, bleeding, he needed to be mended.

"Legion?" Zarina asked him while Y/N continued to work on the gen, 2 objectives at the same time was a better use of the time.

"Yeah, the little female."

"Susie!" Y/N exclaimed.

"Yeah...her."

"I don't care about her name if she's trying to kill against."

Y/N rolled their eyes, they could care less about what those two think about the killers. Everyone knew at this point you were close to them.

When Zarina was finished with Jake they both fixed up the gen with you. Boom. Another one down. Susie was not having a good match this trial.

Oh no.

Y/N purposely started slowing down gen progress, Susie seemed to ignore them but that didn't help at all. Eventually all the gens were complete and everyone was standing at the exit gates staring at a defeated Susie.

"Y/N no!" Zarina grabbed their arm. "You cannot go to the killer."

"She's my friend! It's only for a bit, leave without me if it's that big of a deal."

Zarina sighed than gestured for the other survivors to follow her out of trial.

"Y/N..."

"I'm not leaving." Y/N said

"Yes you are, go!" Susie aggressively pointed to the exit gate, Y/N just stayed put. If Susie wouldn't sacrifice them than they would wait until the endgame was up and The Entity itself would do it.

"Y/N..please, I can take it."

"So can I."

Susie roughly grabbed Y/N but they just dropped all their weight and it took Susie a while to drag them to the end of the exit gate, a killer couldn't force the survivor through, but they could put them close. The Entity's spikes blocked the killer from shoving a survivor through. 

"Y/N...."

"I'm not leaving."

Susie collapsed on the ground in front of Y/N, sobbing loudly and tears falling out of the mask. She laid her chest down on Y/N's, trying to shove the through but couldn't.

"Please..."

Y/N just shook their head and patted their back as a comfort.

The ground shook as the timer was up. Susie was forced to pull away as the Entity's limbs stabbed Y/N, blood dripping down the limbs as Y/N coughed some up. Susie could only sob as The Entity twisted Y/N's body killing them, a final stab in the head for good measure as their soul was brought up.

Susie found herself back at the campfire in Ormond, crying loud enough for her gang to hear. They all came to comfort her thinking she went through another torture session for losing. But when she told them the real story they were shocked. Hearing what Y/N did Frank said he would go check on them than left quickly.

He ran through the woods right into the survivors camp, all of them scared that a killer just ran right in. Frank had little to no care at all, he found Y/N rubbing their chest a little way from the campfire. He grabbed them roughly and threw his arms around them.

"You idiot, you fucking idiot!" He held back tears gripping them tightly. Y/N just patted his back and held him close.

When he finally pulled away his eye were red, he was trying to hold back his tears but he let them fall this time.

"If you ever do something that stupid for people like us again I'll kill you a thousand times over do you understand me? We are not worth it."

Y/N reached up to touch his bloodstained mask, removing it just enough for them to see Frank's face. They gently kissed him on the lips.

"But your are worth it."