Chapter 9: A Charm

Through the woods to the right, keep going until the trees turn red and you can hear whispers

You repeated Wraith's words in your head. Listening to his instructions carefully. Indeed the forest started to transform around you, the trees became dark red until they just vanished. You heard a loud slamming noise behind you. The trees thst were behind you were gone, and a growling sound was heard.

"Y/N?" The Entity said "How did you get here?"

"I really don't know."

"You're weird, why don't you stay at camp with a the other survivors?"

"They're scared; I'm not."

"You're lucky I don't feed off of fear, otherwise I'll show you scared."

A large black clawed hand came out of nowhere, it gently picked you up and lifted you off the ground.

"But seriously, what are you doing here?"

"The killers told me about this place, I wanted to see what was weird about it."

Large yellow orange eyes peeked out from the black fog, they were narrowed in curiosity.

"Oh, I thought I was hallucinating seeing you and Lorie at Badham."

"Yeah... What were you doing anyway?"

"I like making the killers think I'm going to harm then, they give off hope, which is what I need to improve my powers."

"Wait, is that why you allow us to escape?"

"Yeah." It said bluntly.

You sat and thought for a moment.

"Is that why you came to visit me? So you can ask questions?" It said, its hand dropped you on a medium size platform, just large enough for you to walk in circles if you wanted to, but it was very tall, if you fell...your bones would shatter.

"I mean... No, I didn't know this is where you stayed, but I would like to know more about you." You tried to say in polite tone, hoping it wouldn't bother the creature.

There was the sound of shuffling, or moving, it sighed.

"I like you, so sure. What do you want to know?"

"Why us?"

"If you mean the survivors, they are just random. Killers I work on myself, even before they enter my realm, I make sure they'll have no problem killing, sometimes the work is already done for me. If you're talking about you specifically, that's something on it's own."

"What's so special about me?"

"That's the point, I don't know. It's just...you."

"Another question?"

"Go ahead."

"Why do we have to go through these trials? Can't you find another way to get your powers?"

"Well...yes but why would I care is the real question, humans are odd creatures, just thinking about the way you live is confusing. And in case you couldn't tell, not a lot of other humans cared about killing each other."

"I'll give you that." You sighed. "What are you going to do when you're done?"

"Revenge on someone, I'm in your world for a reason."

The creature tapped a clawed hand on your platform.

"I have something for you."

One of it's black limps lowered down holding something. You opened your hands out and caught whatever it was. It looked nothing special, just a simple keychain that glowed a blue light.

"What is it?"

"It doesn't effect you at all, you don't feel any different?" The Entity ignored your question, asking one of it's own.

"Nope."

The creature tapped the charm; nothing happened.

"I guess sense it's you it doesn't work." It said.

"What is it supposed to do?"

"Usually you creatures feel intense anxiety around my real form, this charm is a small part of my real form."

"And...you're giving it to me?"

"Despite my deep hatred for humans; I like you. But don't make me regret this." The Entity moved it's hand away from the platform. "I must be on my way now human, I'll send you back to camp, don't cause to much chaos."

------------------------------------------------------------------

"A keychain? That's what it gave you?" Kazan said, staring deeply at the glowing blue charm.

"How exciting!" Freddy sarcastically exclaimed.

"The Entity said it was supposed to cause anxiety? It doesn't work on me." You explained.

Frank took the charm from you, looking over it. A shiver ran through his body and he tossed it back to you.

"Come on, it can't be that bad?" Wraith snatched the charm away from you.

He shivered once; twice, then handed it back to you.

"It's the same feeling I get being around that thing." Frank looked over his hands.

"That was... A feeling." Wraith said.

You shrugged and put the charm in your pocket.

"You're keeping that?" Frank snapped.

"If it doesn't effect me I'll hold onto it, it could be useful one day."

He shrugged and rubbed his wrist.

"I think that concludes this meeting, let's meet again... Three trials from now." Wraith spoke up, he rang his bell, and everyone moved out.

"Come back to Ormond with me?" Frank asked; you nodded and headed up the basement stairs with him.

The walk back to Ormond was quiet until you heard the crunch of snow underneath your foot, you were surprisingly getting used to the cold weather here.

"Hey Y/N." Joey nodded respectfully to you once you walked inside the Ski resort.

"Hey Joey, when's the next trial?"

"In a little bit."

"Helpful."

"It's not like I can tell time."

"I'm messing with you."

Joey laughed.

"You should come over more often, Frank keeps you all to himself."

"For good reason." Frank yawned, sprawling down on the couch. "Have we fixed the TV yet?"

"No..." Joey sighed.

"I hate this place." Frank muttered.

"It does seem kind of boring." You sat down on the couch next to Frank. "You just sit here until a trial, and it's not like you enjoy those on the first place."

"What do you do at the camp?" Frank asked.

"Play cards with Ace, gather plants with Claudette, chat with Quentin and Lorie, that's what I usually do."

Frank mumbled something, he seemed to be drifting off. You laughed and pulled out the charm looking over it. It rumbled and shook in your hand, you had to hold onto it with two hands to stop it. When it settled down you looked over it again, it stopped shaking, and was just flashing blue.

Whatever it was, it had reacted to something, and it wasn't friendly.