The best Day Ever

Legend  has it that there  is always a reason why souls meet.
                                                 Maybe they found each other for reasons that aren't so  different after all.
                                                      They were two souls searching and found a home lost in each other.
                                                                                                                              N.R. Hart

Richard just had enough time to clean himself up, shave and comb his hair. He wanted to look presentable for his love.

He was in such a hurry that he nicked himself several times, then patted the tissue he placed on his cuts.

Coming quickly out of his room , he nearly collided with Rollo. "Astonishing!" Rollo muttered as Richard pushed passed him.

           He waited as patiently as he could for Elise. He really did. 
           She was late.
     His stomach was in a knots as he paced back and forth.  Beads of perspiration were forming on his  brow as he contemplated all the things that could keep her from him.
       What if she was detained by Robinson?  He could stop her if he knew where she was going and whom she was meeting.

                  He breathed a sigh of relief  when her lovely form came quickly down the stairs.

         "Sorry I'm late." She apologized.  "My maid insisted that my hat sit perfectly on top of my head. We women are such slaves to fashion!"   She smiled and Richard felt his heat melt at her  sense of humor.

         "You look beautiful !"  Richards complimented her  sincerely.  She blushed under his intense  gaze.
     She wore a simple shift dress with a lace overlay that rippled in the slight breeze.
         Her hair was piled up on her head in the fashion of the day with a large straw hat that was covered in pale pink fabric flowers and netting.
        She wore  lace gloves and she carried a matching parasol.

        As she took his arm and turned to walk away , she felt Richard stiffen.  They both turned and saw Robinson frowning down on them. His whole countenance showed disapproval and disdain.

       "Oh no, I can't believe it. I'll give him credit though. He's like a bulldog . Would you like me to speak with him?" He offered.
                I could tell him to mind his own  business and leave us alone!

      Elise  stared back at Robinson, feeling a twinge of  guilt that was quickly pushed down with rising rebellion.

      "  No, it would do no good." 

       They were standing  near a line of horse drawn carriages.  The hotel had them ready for any guest that fancied a ride into town .

             A horse neighed.  They looked at each other and  got the same idea.   Elise smile mischievously up at Richard.

       She grabbed his hand as they ran to the farthest carriage and jumped in.

         Richard felt his heart soar as they pulled away from the hotel and Elise's possessive body guard.   He turned and gave a salute to the older man.

      Elise had the reins and knew how to control a horse , Richard was grateful for that. He would have had no idea how to drive a horse drawn carriage.

               They drove through town and Richard pointed  to different couples walking along the boardwalk, making funny comments on how they dressed and making speculations on were they come from.  The moon , Mars.. Jupiter.    Elise laughed so hard tears came to her eyes.