The Scent of Lilacs

Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes
Because for those who love with heart and soul , there is no such thing as separation. Rumi

            They woke to the sound of birds chirping and the sound of horses neighing. 

          Richard had held Elise's hand most of the night.   He needed tangible evidence that she was still there in the bed with him.

             Her eyelids fluttered open and the first thing she saw was her lovers face.

                  She saw  love and devotion in the depths of his brown eyes.  She felt a tingle begin in the pit of her stomach that grew until it felt like a inferno, burning her from the inside out.
        Only he  could quench the fire within her. Only he could pour the cooling balm  on her scorching  desire.

They made love again , slow and sweet. The relief of knowing that nothing was expected of them, that there would be no rehearsals for her , no dead lines or commitments for him , made staying in bed that much more relaxing.

But when Richards stomach growled loudly , Elise jumped up and poked her head out of the room , hoping to catch a bell hop or other hotel worker.
Almost as if she willed it , a young bell hop came around the corner. She had him bring up a tray of fruit and muffins and a picnic basket full of chicken, more fruit and cake, for later. A picnic luncheon by the tree where they met would be lovely, or maybe the gazebo, where he first tried to kiss her.

Elise sat at a mirror and began brushing her hair. She still wore the lacy  negligee she had put on earlier .

Richard licked his fingers , getting the last of the pear juice off of them. Walking over to her , he stood directly behind her and their eyes met in the mirror. She reached over and took his still wet fingers and put it in her mouth and sucked. He growled low in his throat. Oh that feels amazing!

Quelling his desire for her to do that to him on other places , he placed a chaste kiss on her throat.

He wanted to do something special for her . She had given herself freely to him and he wanted to make sure she felt cherished and adored. What could he do to thank her for last night?

He reached over and took the hairbrush and began pulling it through her long hair.
It was a simple act but it felt as if he were worshiping her , honoring her , praising her. She felt it all.

They never went outside. Again the need for skin on skin was all consuming. For a third time they made love. And it was love they we're making.
By the time they got out of bed , Richards stomach was again demanding attention. They dug into the picnic basket and had a picnic on the floor.

                  He  happily noshed on the chicken and biscuits, making yummy noises. She smiled indulgently at him, he was really the most adorable man she had ever met.

                   He was taking a big swallow of champagne when out of the blue she asked,

           " You will marry me , won't you?"

         He sputtered and coughed as the liquid dribbled comically down his chin, then  chuckled under his breath.

       When he could talk again  he managed a "Sure , of course I'll marry you!"

        "One moment there," she giggled as she wiped a napkin across his stubbled chin.

      "I just thought you had a wife and twelve children hiding back home somewhere!"  She teased.