The man of my Dreams

If there's one thing I am sure of , I am sure that you have always belonged with me. Unknown author

  The crowd applauded as the curtain raised and the orchestra began playing  the overture.
                        Richard sat on the edge of his seat and anxiously waited for Elise to appear on stage.  Finally he would get to see her in her element.

       The theater  was full of people waiting to see her as well. They had heard she was a remarkable actress and  unpredictable.
   She would go off the script at any moment and it sometimes flusters the other actors.

             The scene opened on a maid dressed in a black dress with a white apron.  She should have been  meticulously dusting the furniture but instead her nose was in a book.

                Elise came into the 'room', and Richard was enthralled.    Her dress sparkled in the electric stage lights.  Marie did an excellent job.
He watched her walk around the stage, acting agitated and  flustered, then she sat in a chair with a huff.

       She was saying something about a man who wanted to marry her.  But all he loved was his gold.    The maid asked her if there was anything she liked about Banker Harwell.    "Yes , his absence!"    Everyone laughed at her joke.

Richard was only half listening, he was almost in a trance as her beautiful face and smile was all he could focus on. 

         Then his attention was  on full alert. She had found him in the crowd. He wasn't hard to find him amongst the black tuxedos and he the only outdated brown suit in the crowd.

           She looked directly into his eyes and said things he would not have dreamed she would say.

               "The man of my dreams has almost faded now........"    she began, her mood shifting to something else.
                       "And what's that Miss?"   The maid tried to get  Elise back on track but failed.

                    It all came spilling out.   She asked him to forgive her.  She had lived without this feeling all her life and didn't recognize it when he brought it to her.

          He was the one to bring it to her for the first time, and his love had changed her life.

      He had brought her sweetness and joy .  All in one day.

    Then she said something that made his eyes grow wide . His heart momentarily  stopped then pound  wildly in his chest, like it needed to be set free and fly to the women he loved.

             "I love you!"

              The  extraordinary moment was broken when Elise brought the scene back with " And that's what I would say to him if he were really here."

            Back stage every one was shocked when she had veered off the script then was relieved when she brought it all back . She was known for her mercurial  temperament.

               There was one person , however, that was not pleased with her changes to the first  act.

      Robinson  scowled, and quickly got up from his chair. It was high time he  did something  about this  interloper.
He was an intruder and must be dealt with.

         The curtains closed and Elise had  to explain herself to everyone.    "Oh , I got it backwards!"

           Richard hurries back stage to find Elise and sees her getting her photograph taken.  The photographer is unsatisfied with her poses.  " No darling, maybe something with a little flourish." He suggests.
         Then she sees him standing off to the side.