iv. 𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳

𝐊𝐚𝐳 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐤𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐛, before they left the walls of the Crow Club and by the end of it, Dara looked to him as if he had grown three heads. Kaz simply stood there as if it was any other job, and yes, sure, in a lifetime it could be perceived as any other job, but traveling across the Fold to look for an alleged Sun Summoner named Alina Starkov is simply anything but!

Now walking the streets of Ketterdam, Jesper holding onto Dara softly as she has a tendency to wander, they make it to Dime Line's turf; the Emerald Palace.

"I mean it," Jesper states, "we need a demo man."

"You're still on that?" Kaz questions, annoyed that this conversation is still going on, but Dara agrees with Jesper. Agrees with him that they need Inej. Inej could not leave like the rest of them, she is bound by the disgusting hands of Tante Heleen. Hands Dara wants nothing more than to crack in unbelievable ways.

Maybe Kaz has been too much of an inspiration.

"I just brought it up tonight," Jesper defends.

"Jesper, you ask for an explosive expert on every job."

Jesper whines, "because I don't want to be the one you point."

"The fact that you think you are so special is beyond me," Dara pokes at Jesper, Jesper lightly shoving Dara.

"You know I am one of a kind, darling," he whispers lowly to her, Dara raising her brows.

Dara bites her lip, leaning in closer, "what a man."

Kaz clears his throat, causing Jesper and Dara to snap their heads to him as Jesper continues to go on his whining once more, "I just don't want you to say 'explode something for us.' That is not a Jesper talent. I shoot things with style. And I look good," he winks at Dara, "just play to my strengths, boss."

"I do not think we need an explosive expert to take Alina Starkov from the Little Palace," Dara inquisitions, "it's a sanctuary for Grisha...that isn't a fight we want to pick."

"Then we should take Inej just in case it comes to that," Jesper places him input.

Dara agrees, nodding, "we can't pull this off without her. We all fit each other perfectly like a puzzle piece, being complete when all four of us are together."

"Can someone remind me why we are now on Pekka's turf," Jesper's eyes lock with the Emerald Palace as Dara shivers lightly. Not because of the cold or the misty air, but because the place seems all too familiar to her.