vi. 𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘢𝘭

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳 

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳 

𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫...who sits between her and the Conductor. So, she believes she has no room to speak considering his current position at the moment. 

The carriage takes them to Novokribirsk, a small town bordering the Fold in Ravka, a town in which Dara struggles to ever find herself walking. 

Of course, over the years, the Fold is considered another topic of talk. Yes, it is a menacing crafted wall of absolute death and murder, but, with time, it simply is another one of those beings in which parents use to threaten their kid into their bidding.

But, Dara is a curious wonderer, as said multiple times, and she does wonder about the black mist separating West and East Ravka. 

Though, in some cases like these, her wonder is subsided by her will to live. Dying in the Fold is not on her list of doings before death and she will keep it that way. 

"I didn't hire you simply to get us across the Fold," Kaz starts, "you're with us because you smuggle Grisha out of the Little Palace, and that's the location of out target."

Although the thoughts behind the Conductor's words are still a mystery to the group, Dara does not miss Inej's stern expression. She does not blame her, and, frankly, wishes she had the emotional strength to know when to stay quiet or when to speak.

Guess Inej likes to keep her tongue in check rather than Dara or Jesper. 

"Sun Summoner."

Guess it was too soon for Dara to think such thoughts.

"Alleged." Kaz bites, Jesper and Dara glancing to each other as they both take a deep breath. 

"They wouldn't keep a fraud in the most secure location in all of Ravka."

Kaz glances to her, trying desperately not to rolls his eyes and does not when Dara gives him a stern look. Besides her and Kaz's interesting relationship, there is no one more Dara cares about in the entire world than Inej Ghafa when she speaks strongly of her passions and faith. 

'Be respectful,' Dara scolds.

Kaz gives her a blunt glare, 'her Saints are going to be the reason we find her dumped in the harbor.'

'Well, she is still breathing on her own, while you have a personal bodyguard. I suggest you rethink your words.'

He stopped speaking after that for Dara knew, he knew, she was right.