xviii. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴

all I have to say is...you are all welcome ;)

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳

They stood in the restaurant, Jesper cleaning his new suit in the mirror as he brushed off any non-existing dust. He smirks into the mirror, winking as Inej and Dara stand next to each other looking to the Zemnei boy with a smug look.

"You look fine," Inej feeds into his ego, Dara whistling as Jesper looks to them, feeling smug.

"Oh, I look more than fine," he trots over to the table Kaz sits at, Dara sitting next to Kaz as she subconsciously places her hand over Kaz's knee and gives off a sense of heat, Kaz's knee softening as she glances to him, Dara smiling softly.

"Too hot?"

Kaz shakes his head, "thank you," he clears his throat, "Dara."

Dara, although hopes her blush isn't noticeable, can't help but do so and she curses her pale skin while doing so, not missing Kaz's smirk as he looks back to their papers they have stolen from the delegates from the Winter Fete.

"I made some edits to their papers. Should be enough to get us through the checkpoint and onto the skiff."

Dara takes her, looking over the words as she nods, then looking to Jesper's confused face as he looks to Kaz's, "Huh? No one is ever going to believe I'm that old."

"You tell yourself that," Kaz bites back, keeping his face the same stone cold expression, Inej trying not to laugh, but can't help the grin coming onto her face, and Dara tries not to laugh, but then flicks the back of Kaz's ear.

Kaz looks to her, furrowing his brows and Dara gives him a tilt of her read and a raised eyebrows, challenging him as Kaz sighs...shrugging.

Jesper takes the paper, clearly irritated as Dara stands, going to Jesper who fixes himself on the mirror, Dara leaning against the side of the mirror.

She yawns, Jesper grinning, "ready to head back home?"

Dara nods, "I want my bed and my strawberry cremes. You?"

"I fear I will fall into the roots of gambling."

"I'll make sure to break all your fingers," Dara smiles tiredly, Jesper shaking his head.

"I'm pretty sure I'd find a way."

Dara hums, not noticing Jesper's concerned face.