xvii. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

⏤ 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴

⏤ 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴

𝐊𝐚𝐳 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐤𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐚, from afar, work on her ribs. She had moved to the side of the barn, for although they had seen her abilities work wondrously, Dara still felt somewhat conscious about them.

It was also due to a fear of being seen and risking the life she had now. Kaz figured that part of her mind quicker than most. She fears not living the life she at least deserves in the most sense.

One thing Kaz Brekker will never admit is the way his cheeks flustered when he caught a glimpse of the Wonderer with only her top undergarments since she had removed the vest with her white button-up to simply a covering of her chest.

But, the cheeks of red had gone when he saw her torso splashed in the color of purple with blue, his hand clenching to a grip of anger, wanting nothing more than to rip out every limb of General Kirigan.

Nevertheless, with her abilities, the side of her torso rose back to its pale color, as if the purple had never even made a scratch onto her body. But, Kaz did learn another interesting discovery.

She has freckles on her body.

⏤ " 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘴 " ⏤

As night came, Kaz sat in his same spot, waiting for the Wraith to emerge and say she is leaving. Kaz did have a soft spot for his Crows, for three people in his life that have done nothing but stood by his side.

He never thought he would lose one.

"Are you hungry," Kaz stares at the cooked rabbit in front of him, "Or just saying goodbye?"

Inej takes a deep breath, Kaz making sure to keep up his wall for although he hates losing people...he cannot show emotion for anything.

That is why you lose people.

Shut up.

Inej shifts, handing Kaz his cane, "Jesper and Dara fixed your cane."

Kaz looks to his cane, grabbing it from her as a sense of familiarity causes his tense shoulder's to soften just slightly. His hand goes to the crow head, holding it with such tension, "so, you are leaving?"

"That's it? After everything, there's nothing else you want to say to me?"

Kaz doesn't know what to say. He knows he wants her to stay, but doesn't know what words to express.

Dara will end me if I let her leave.

"What else is there?"

Nice move, Kaz, really selling it here.