Chapter 3 - Replaced

Viper chased after the culprit.
"Come on Raze! Let's go after him too!" Killjoy said, she then ran off. Raze followed Killjoy.
The thief was fast but Viper was faster, she took down the thief and got all their belongings back. She reported him to the police for attempted theft and off he went.
"Wow, impressive Viper!" commented Killjoy. She then looked over to Raze, disappointed,
"Ah, I told you to look after our stuff, you're lucky Viper is fast, our belongings would've been stolen."
Raze frowned, she apologised, she saw Viper giving her a slight disgusted look. Raze felt guilty and went straight home.

"Wow you're back pretty early!" commented Sage, she was comfortably sitting on the couch watching television. Normally, Raze would've joined in but Raze ignored Sage and went straight into her room. Sage knew something was up so she went to Raze's room.
"Hey Raze, what happened?" asked Sage, Raze was sitting on the edge of her bed, her back was slouched and she did not have a happy expression on her face. Sage walked over to Raze and sat next to her,
"I bet it was Viper."
Raze shook her head,
"It was me, I almost let a thief steal all our belongings," replied Raze, "I was lucky that Viper was fast enough to take down the thief."
Sage was slightly shocked that it wasn't Viper that made Raze upset. Sage asked to tell her everything that happened, and so Raze did.

———————————————————————————
After explaining everything that happened that day
———————————————————————————

"I understand, but why would Viper ignore you? She's not deaf or anything, she purposely ignored you," said Sage.
Raze considered this for some seconds.
"Maybe...but I doubt it, we just met, she shouldn't have anything against me," Raze said. Sage sighed, she really wanted to blame everything on Viper but there was nothing to blame her on.
"That's rough buddy, get some rest, you must be tired and just pretend like nothing happened today," suggested Sage. Raze agreed, she did feel pretty exhausted.
Before sleeping, Raze got a notification from Valogram, a popular social media app, and Killjoy finally got the app! The account name was 'Killjo_y' and the profile picture was...her and Viper? Raze got even more upset, she decided to look at the posts and it was all Killjoy and Viper selfies.
"I've been friends with Killjoy for 17 years...and she decides to post a picture of herself and a girl who she probably met yesterday? Ugh," Raze complained to herself. Raze was already too tired to think of anything more, so she slept.

Raze woke up and got a message from Killjoy, 'morning raze~ i told viper about the nanobomb and she wanted to join too, so what we were thinking was that we could have the grenade to explode poison! not a bad idea right? tell me your thoughts on it xoxo'
Now Viper was joining in the one thing Raze was excited to do with Killjoy and herself ALONE. Raze couldn't do anything so she agreed.

Killjoy then regularly posted the progress of the Nanobomb, but it wasn't called the Nanobomb anymore, it was called the NanoVenom.
"What kind of name is that?" Raze thought to herself. Raze was invited for the first few days of building the NanoVenom but then she stopped getting invited and it was now it was Killjoy and Viper's project.
After Raze saw that the NanoVenom was completed without her, she slowly walked while facing the floor, over to Sage and Sage was on the couch texting someone.
"Hey Raze! What's up?" asked Sage. She saw Raze's face, and realized something was wrong.
"Raze? You alright?" Sage questioned, but before Sage could do anything, Raze hugged her tightly and started crying on her shoulder.
"That...could've...been me..." Raze sobbed. Sage patted her gently on her back,
"Shh...it's going to be okay, it's going to be alright," she said repetitively.

After several minutes, Raze calmed down and decided to tell everything to Sage.
"So it IS Viper," said Sage.
"Partially..." replied Raze, "I just really wanted to spend time with Killjoy, alone. It really isn't a big deal though, I'm probably just overreacting."
Sage got mad,
"What do you mean, 'It really isn't a big deal?' She literally replaced you, and that's a pretty big deal to me. Raze! You've been friends with Killjoy for more than 15 years! No way replacing someone like that is easy. "
Raze looked even more upset, then Sage sighed,
"Raze, give Viper one more chance, but if Killjoy likes Viper more than you, that's when you do something, alright? And also tell me so I can beat her up-
I mean...discuss things..." Sage said. Raze nodded.

The next day, Raze got another message from Killjoy, 'morning razee, want to go to the movies with me and viper?' Raze replied, 'ill think about it.'
Raze sighed, should she go? Would Viper do something to make her sad again? Raze thought it was best to not go and just let the two of them go alone.
'actually, nah im good. thanks for asking tho.' Raze replied.
'okayy.' Killjoy texted.