Chapter 11 - A Deal

Everyone started to go back to their homes because it was getting dark but Raze asked Viper to talk for a moment.
"Hey Viper um..." Raze didn't know where to start.
"You like Killjoy right?" Viper asked not surprised.
"How'd you know?!" Raze was shocked,
"Is it obvious...?" Raze asked.
Viper shook her head,
"It's not obvious, Cypher told me," Viper said. Raze's eyes widened.
"Cypher- Why did he tell you," Raze questioned.
"I needed that information for...research," Viper said, she avoided eye contact.
Raze stared at her for a few seconds, gaining suspicion.
"Well you know I like Killjoy so...can you distance from her a little?" Raze asked politely.
Viper laughed,
"What makes you think I don't like Killjoy," Viper asked.
Raze gasped,
"You like Killjoy?!" Raze shouted.
"Let's say...I only like her because she has something I desire," Viper said.
"What?! That doesn't mean you like her, you only like what she HAS," Raze said, she was mad.
"Well that thing I want is her knowledge with robots, radiant powers and technology," Viper explained, "We'd be the most perfect and powerful couple."
Raze had the urge to punch Viper but she knew that was a bad idea.
"Find someone else that is smart, what about Cypher?" Raze asked.
"He's married," Viper replied.
"Jett?" Raze asked again.
"Jett's not smart enough. Look, I prefer Killjoy than anyone else," Viper responded, not wanting Raze to name anymore people. Raze sighed, it seemed like she had to forget about Killjoy.
Viper looked at Raze's expression,
"Then how about we do a little deal. If you do as I say, I'll completely give up on Killjoy" Viper suggested.
"What if I decline this," Raze said.
"Already giving up on Killjoy?" Viper taunted. Raze didn't want to lose Killjoy.
"Fine, what do you want from me?" Raze asked. Viper smiled,
"I want you to bring me Sova," Viper demanded.
"What? That's it?" Raze asked, she expected something more challenging but it was just bringing Sova.
"Don't JUST bring me Sova. Make him join my team. Bribe him, Talk to him, Lie to him, do whatever you can to make Sova join my team," Viper said. Raze knew that the last thing Sova would want to do was joining Viper's team.
"That's impossible, Sova hates your team. He hates Kingdom," Raze said.
"I'll take Killjoy then," Viper said. Raze sighed,
"Fine, I'll bring Sova and try make him join your team," Raze said.
"You have 2 months," Viper added. Raze grunted, already annoyed by Viper. She couldn't be more irritated.
Viper then walked away, heading back to her house.

"Raze, behind you," an anonymous voice came from behind. Raze turned around rapidly. She saw Jett in her hoodie.
"Hey Raze, long time no see," Jett greeted, she then took her hood off.
"Oh hey Jett! I haven't seen you in a while. Why are you out here anyways?" Raze asked.
"I was going to stalk someone, but I overheard your conversation," Jett replied.
"Stalk...who?" Raze asked.
"Viper, I know she's up to no good. Turns out, I was...partially right?" Jett responded.
"Oh you overheard our conversation...then can you help me?" Raze asked, hoping the answer will be yes.
"Oh um, I don't know much about bribing and convincing," Jett replied.
Raze looked disappointed,
"Then what should I do? Do I give up on Killjoy?" Raze asked.
Jett shook her head and placed her hands on Raze's shoulders and made eye contact,
"No, never give up on someone you love," Jett demanded. Raze nodded,
"But Sova is so difficult to reach. Talking to him is already too hard to do. He's so isolated from everyone. Making him join Viper's team? I can't even imagine that," Raze said sadly, she had no hope. Jett removed her hands from Raze's shoulders and sighed.
"I'll help you, I'm kinda good friends with Sova. He's super kind and if you tell him your situation, I'll bet he'll join her team," Jett said.
"Thanks Jett, I'll be heading home then. We'll continue this conversation when our missions begin."
Jett waved and said goodbye while Raze walked back home.

Raze arrived to her place and sat next to Sage who was sitting on the couch watching television.
"Hey Raze! How was the chat with Viper?" Sage asked, hoping it would be a good answer.
"I have to make Sova join her team in order for her to completely give up on Killjoy," Raze replied. Sage was confused,
"What do you mean by giving up on Killjoy?" Sage questioned.
"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, Viper likes Killjoy," Raze said sadly. Sage covered her mouth with her hands and gasped.
"You both like her?" Sage asked. Raze nodded.
"So she wants Sova to join her team and she'll stop liking Killjoy?" Sage asked again for confirmation. Raze nodded again.
"I have 2 months to do that, do you have any idea how hard it is JUST to speak with him?" Raze asked, she seemed stressed.
"Why Sova? And how can you just stop liking someone immediately. Does Viper actually like Killjoy?" Sage questioned. Raze shrugged,
"She said she liked Killjoy because she was smart.
I mean what else can I do, Killjoy would definitely choose Viper over me," Raze sadly said. Sage shook her head,
"You've known Killjoy at a super young age, why would she give up on you?" Sage said.
"I've known my parents longer than Killjoy and I wouldn't date them," Raze commented.
"What? That's because they're your parents Raze. You don't date your own parents," Sage said.
"Oh yeah," Raze replied.
"Okay then what if she doesn't care if I've known her longer than Viper," Raze asked, worried again.
"Viper literally threw you and Killjoy in a desert, almost killed all of us and impersonated Killjoy so she could make you feel sad," Sage listed everything bad Viper did.
"And what did you do? Nothing bad, that's why she would definitely choose you and not Viper," Sage added. This made Raze feel a lot more confident and better.
"Thanks Sage, I'll keep these in mind," Raze thanked. Sage replied with a smile snd Raze went to her room and slept.