1

Nami reversed into the parking space, unhooked her seatbelt, and before she locked the car, she checked her hair and makeup in the rearview mirror. Today she was meeting with friends for a lunch picnic at Going Merry Park.

They were friends from school but one, in particular, she was closest to.

When they saw her she ran excitedly into their arms with the biggest of smiles. That was Monkey D. Luffy. She ignored the eye rolls and teasing smirks from the others and when Luffy released her with arms still wrapped around her waist, her smiles continued when he gave her a fat kiss to the cheek.

"Glad you could make it."

"It's good to see you, Luffy. I've got the greatest news."

From the outside, anyone would have thought that they hadn't seen each other for weeks, months even, but it had only been a day.

They and the guys had been hanging out together since school closed for the summer holidays. Luffy, Usopp, Chopper, and Vivi had all graduated from high school. Nami, Robin, and Sanji had already gone through their first year of university so catching up was out of the question.

"Get a room!"

"You guys should just get married already."

"Not in front of my salad!"

Came the snide remarks. Yes. Luffy and Nami were close, closer than most but that didn't mean anything.

"What are you guys on about?" asked Nami, raising a brow and giving them a tired look.

"Nami and I are only friends. How many times do we have to tell you that?"

Yes. Luffy and Nami were only friends. They were as platonic as platonic could get but none of their friends were buying it.

"Bullshit. Friends don't hug each other like that or kiss each other on the cheek," said Zoro.

"Yeah they do," Luffy replied, breathing a sigh. He approached his green-haired friend. "If you wanted hugs and kisses, Zoro, all you had to do was ask."

But just before Luffy could grab at his waist, Zoro shoved him away.

"Cut the crap and get the hell away from me!"

Zoro hurried away before Luffy could grab a hold of him and everyone died laughing.

"I'm all yours, Nami-san!" declared Sanji, arms opened wide and lips pursed out in a manner to kiss her.

"Ew. No."

"So what's the difference between Sanji and Luffy, despite the obvious?"

Sanji was a pervert but also a friend of hers but...

"With Luffy..." Nami turned to look at her best friend as she spoke, "With Luffy it's different."

She sat on the blanket beside him and helped herself to a sandwich. As expected, it was good. Sanji always outdid himself.

"Why is it different?" Robin asked, bookmarking her novel. She took her cup and poured herself a helping of tea.

The others listened.