3

WARNING

This chapter contains a recap of sexual assault.  Proceed at your own risk.  I have never gone through an experience like this but have the knowledge that mentions or discussions of experiences like these have the power to trigger some people or give them the drive to grow from it.

Once again, this is a warning to read at your own risk.   

(Disclaimer:  The rating remains the same.  It is rated T for Teens and above.)

For those that do not want to risk being triggered and want to have a discreet gist of what happened in this chapter, I will provide a summary at the end, i. e.  the bottom of this chapter not the pending end of this fanfic

I
I
I
I

Nami and Robin each took turns to give Vivi a hug goodbye.  Their unsuccessful shopping trip was over and she had to meet up with her father for a lunch date.

Cobra was a busy body but saved whatever time he had off to spend with his daughter.  Vivi rarely declined his invitations. 

"Why don't we go to a cafe," said Robin, "My treat."

Nami loved anything free.  She didn't have any plans afterwards.  Maybe if Robin was up for it, they could check out some more stores afterwards.

Nami smiled appreciative as the waiter placed her milk latte and mikan roll cake and Robin's earl grey tea on their table.   They were at the nice confectionary, Whole Cake Delights, they liked to frequent ever so often.  Nami even came here with Luffy a few times.  He may not look like it but he too was a sucker for sweets.

"So," Robin began, "About that boyfriend you had."

Nami's smile disappeared.  And she ruined the pretty latte milk neko design with a stir of the spoon. 

"What about him?"

"What really happened?"

Nami never spoke about it.  All her friends knew was that she was in a relationship with this guy 4 years older than her.  They didn't even get a name but the next thing they knew, they broke up after being together for less than 3 months.  Luffy of course knew what happened as well as her mum and sister.  And a few others who were there that day. 

She took a deep breath.  Her eyes lowered pondering whether now was in fact time to talk about it but it had been so long and Robin being one of her close friends had the right to know. 

Truth was it didn't bother her much anymore.  She had long outgrown that. 

"His name was Arlong.  He was a business student, older, rich and knew his way around the campus and everything.  Everyone respected him.  He had his eyes on me and I saw an opportunity you know so I took it. I still can't believe to this day how ignorant I was. 

"I wanted to have the full university experience.  I had a boyfriend, went to clubs and late-night parties, the drinking- the whole works.

"He lavished me with money and gifts which I gladly accepted at first but then things got out of hand.  It being my first relationship, the rate at which things were moving was fast.

"Any time we were intimate, it made my skin crawl but I thought I'd get used to it. We went and did everything he wanted.  It was about him.  Everything was about him..."

Robin was all ears.  She usually enjoyed her tea hot but left it to cold. 

"Arlong didn't care about who I was, where I came from, who my friends were and he especially hated when I spoke about Luffy.  It became so bad that I'd ignore texts and phone calls when I was out with him so he wouldn't get angry.  I had to lie to my best friend claiming that I was busy.  I despised myself for that."