7

Nami waved goodbye to her mum outside the airport.   Her bags were stationed just at her side.  Once Bellemere was out of sight, she exhaled a breath she didn't know she was holding. 

She could have driven herself of course, but there was nowhere in hell she was going to pay for parking for the duration of her trip.  She rather grow wings and that in itself was impossible. 

Most importantly, she made it first.  Both she and Luffy had a plan and knowing Luffy, he was going to be late.  That was namely one of the reasons she came as early as she did.  Check-in was at 5:00 am.  It was now 4:30. 

People were going in and out and Nami sought out a bench she could sit on and wait. However, 5 seconds didn't pass till she saw Luffy's dad's car driving up to her.  When Luffy and her eyes met, her heart skipped a beat and Nami briefly closed her eyes in hopes to remember her diary entry the night before word-for-word since she made sure to burn it in her memory once and for all.

She had to stone herself. 

"Dear diary..." she began.

"Dear Diary,

It is the night before our trip; and the week though hard, was worth it. I am officially over my best friend.  I am officially over Luffy.  Honestly.  Totally.  Completely.  

With that said, things from now on will be different. 

1) No more excessive contact.  Hugs should not last more than 5 seconds.... scratch that- make that 10.

2)  No kissing. 

The sooner I bring myself to follow these rules, the sooner I can move on.

This trip will be an exciting venture between friends- cause that is what Luffy and I are.  We're friends.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

"You made it here first, Nami?  No fair!"

Nami stuck her tongue out at him and turned to greet Dragon.  It had been so long and she was glad to see him.  The feelings were mutual. 

The car door slammed shut and Luffy nodded at his dad before the black jeep drove away leaving them alone. 

Nami took some time to face him.  Her lips pressed together to hold back a smile but the imaginary stitches were torn away and soon she was skinning teeth. 

When she turned her eyes were immediately on his choice of luggage.  He had only a duffle bag and a carry-on.  She, in contrast, had two pieces of luggage that needed checking in and one carry-on. 

"Is that... Is that all you packed?"

"Yeah."

"Can I see?"

"Sure," Luffy said.  He was a little too excited for his own good.  "My dad taught me how to fold my clothes super tight so they can take up less room.  See?"

Sure enough, the clothing they shopped for were tightly wrapped and stacked surprisingly neat on top of each other.  The small suitcase he had wheeled beside him was filled to the brim with snacks. 

"Luffy..."

"What?  If the plane crashes and we end up in the middle of nowhere, I'll have us covered."

"... How considerate."

Nami could not help but be sceptical.  Her two large suitcases in comparison to his duffle bag had her questioning him like a certified criminal. 

"How many pairs of pants did you pack?"

"Jeans.  One long and one short."

"Two jeans for an entire week?"