14

"Who're you texting?" asked Nami coming into the seating room wearing her burgundy satin bottom-up and shorts pyjamas.  She had stayed up to shower and managed to do her nighttime routine.  Letting what happened like the last time was out of the question. 

She didn't drink as much but that last shot she had made her light-headed. 

"Zoro."

"Oh... Your turn, Luffy."

Luffy cocked a brow.  Upon close inspection, he already had on his bedclothes. 

"Go shower."

"Don't wanna."

"Why not?"

Luffy shrugged.  Daily showers weren't exactly his thing. 

"Tomorrow."

Room service had changed the sheets and Nami was perplexed.  What was better than a warm shower in the middle of the night?

She smelled his hair and though he didn't smell bad, he was a little sweaty.  Sweat and clean sheets didn't sit right with her. 

"Fine.  Have fun sleeping on the couch then."

Saying that was meant to encourage him but Luffy didn't necessarily mind. 

"Can you bring me my pillow?"

Nami on her way to the room stopped in her tracks.

"You're serious?"

"Yeah."

Instead, Nami returned and sat beside him.

"I'll sit here for a while..."

Luffy blinked and matched her stare the instant she turned around.

  She stuck her nose in the air and leaned on the opposite side of the sofa's arm but moved around too much.  It was hard getting a comfortable spot. 
She was tired.  The clock was pushing midnight. 

"Go to bed, Nami."

"I will."

"Suit yourself.  When you fall asleep, I'll just carry you to bed."

"Will you shower then?"

"Nope."

Nami pouted and frowned. 

Luffy so happened to turn on his back with his eyes glued to his phone and his heart drummed at his best friend curling up on his chest. 

She got there fast.  He didn't even see her move. 

She smelled his neck and Luffy's typing stopped as he squirmed at the hair that tickled his skin.  

She slipped between him and the chair and Luffy rubbed her shoulder as she sighed sleepily, barely fighting to stay awake. 

"The bed's a lot more comfortable," Luffy said, but all Nami did was hum dismissively. 

"Good night," she muttered and yawned. 

"Good night."

He turned to her and Nami blinked away the tiredness to stare back. 

"We're not in bed so..."

She nodded and closed her eyes at the press of lips to her forehead and glowing cheeks. Opening them to see him skinning teeth. 

"I love you, Luffy."

"Yeah. I know."

"Say it back."

Nami's cheeks were puffed out and Luffy snickered to himself.