4

Like Luffy, Dragon had a knack for good luck.  But he rarely made use of it.  So when he won the raffle at the grocery store for an all-expense-paid trip for two at a nice hotel in Hokkaido, he gave the tickets to his son.  He cared not for such things but he saw it as an opportunity. 

"Perhaps you can go with Nami?" he said. 

Luffy very much liked Dragon's idea.  After receiving many thanks, he left him alone in his room to grab a cup of coffee.

  Dragon smiled to himself.  He liked doing good deeds.  This deed in particular would no doubt bring major developments.  He just knew it. 

Now, why do people lie- not just to others but to themselves? Who are they trying to protect?  What good comes from lying? 

Not much. 

Nami sat up in bed and typed the following words in the search bar:

'Is it possible to fall in love with your best friend?'

She groaned at the answer and pressed her face in her pillow.  She had googled this question before.  Well not exactly...

'Is it possible for two best friends to fall in love?'

'Is it normal for best friends to fall in love?'

'Can two platonic friends fall in love?'

Different questions, same answer.  

Yes. 

Yes.

&

Yes. 

Google Search could not lie.  It pushed the facts in your face whether you liked it or not. 

She had caught feelings for her best friend.  That she would not deny.  Whether it was since day 1, or day 100, one thing for sure is that when summer vacation started and they spent all that time together, she found herself wanting to be with him all the time.  Wanted to smile into his eyes all the time and to be hugged and kissed ALL. THE. TIME.  

She could not recall when but it happened. Didn't notice at first but it crept up on her like a preying cat.    And now their friendship was at risk and its demise would all be her fault. 

Whether it was in the way he looked at her, touched her, talked to her in that caring, reassuring voice of his, stood up for her when needed, the crux of the matter was that any girl would have fallen hard but Nami was not just any girl. 

She was his best friend. 

They were special to each other but Nami was convinced she made his friendly affection go too much to her head and now that she thought of him in different ways, craved him in different ways, made her feel like the biggest pervert to ever walk the earth. 

She had to call him and put an end to all this so she did, without a second thought. 

"Oh, Nami! Hi.  I was just about to call you.  I have the greatest news, but you go first."

"Hey... I've been doing a lot of thinking and I've decided that I'm ready to start dating again."

".... Oh.  Okay."

Nami did not like that pause.  She had to get her point more across and the best way to do that was not over the phone. 

"You're home right?"

"Yeah."

"Can I come over and maybe we can go somewhere... where it's just us?"

"Sure.  But we don't have to go anywhere to do that.  My dad's not home."