3 Looney Tunes

I wake in a warm, soft bed. As I slowly open my eyes I see a man, pacing with his back turned to me.

I quickly close my eyes.

He's on the phone. He sounds exasperated.

"Just... please. I need your help, man."

...

"No, I'm not pawning her off on you!"

...

"Listen, fucker, you know how hard this is for me to say but you guys are stronger than us. You can protect her."

...

He sighs loudly, "I already told you.

I.DON'T.KNOW."

...

"The people that dropped her off said it was in the best interest of wolves that vamps do not find her. That's all."

...

"No, it was a favor for Syb. She called me. Then, they just showed up with the girl."

...

"I'll owe you man, please."

...

"Thank you, see you in a few days."

He drops his phone on the foot of the bed. "Thank fuck" he sighs to himself.

"I know you're awake. Your breathing pattern changed."

I purse my lips but keep my eyes closed.

"You're safe, we aren't going to hurt you, Annie."

My eyes snap open, "Hey! how do you..." the words die in my throat. It's Hunter, from the library. "You! What's going on? Where am I?"

"You're on my land. Do you remember anything from last night?"

"I was at the mini mart and two weirdos attacked me."

"Anything else?"

"Um" my voice shakes "the weirdos were attacked by wolves and then... a-and then they melted into the street. Then the wolves turned into people."

He nods his head quietly.

"Um, Sir?" I whisper "am I... experiencing a psychotic episode?"

He chuckles "No. Look maybe you'd better talk to Flo."

He quickly leaves the room. I look toward the window and only see the sky. Damn, I'm not on the ground floor.

Standing from the bed I start to panic.

Wolf people? People getting their heads ripped off then melting away into nothing? It had to be some kind of hallucination.

He never actually confirmed that what I saw was real.

The door clicks open and Flo comes in with Hunter.