10 Never Have I Ever Before

After seeing the huge double tub in the bathroom, I decide to take a long, hot bath.

I'm on edge. My body is tense. I can't shake the restlessness that I feel. I'm exhausted but sleep feels impossible. As I soak in the tub I try to relax. Suddenly, it hits me like a ton of bricks, I'm tense because he isn't here.

It's been four hours and I'm starting to panic. Tears well up in my eyes. These feelings, this deep visceral need to be in his arms is not normal. I don't understand this draw, the intensity of this is hard for me to wrap my head around.

For the first time since I met him I actually believe that he is my mate. It's the only explanation for the way that I'm feeling. I knew that there was something unexplainable between us but I can't deny it anymore, it's hurting both of us.

It might not make sense but why couldn't it be true? A week ago the realm of possibility was a much smaller place. There are werewolves and vampires running around. Being given the gift of a soulmate who is bound to you is not as far fetched as it once seemed. Everything in me is screaming to give in, to stop pushing against the feelings.

When the water starts to go cold, I pull myself up. As I slip into a soft white robe I hear the door slam closed downstairs. Without hesitating I run from the room and down the hall. When I reach the top of the stairs he's about midway.

We both freeze.

"You've been crying" he jogs the rest of the steps.

"I missed you. I felt this strange aching emptiness without you."

He looks relieved as he pulls me into his arms.

"Is everything ok?" I ask as he walks us toward the bedroom.

"Somethings going on in Canada, something unusual. Let's not worry about that anymore tonight. Did you like the tour?"

"It was great! You were right, Laren and I get along well. I met a lot of people, I met your mother, she's wonderful."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for that."

He sets me on my feet and leans down to kiss me. I quickly deepen the kiss, running my hands through his hair. His hand grip my robe tightly, I step back and pull the tie holding it closed. When it falls open he sucks in a breath.

"Fuck, you're naked under there, baby?"

I bat my lashes as I let the robe slip from my shoulders.

He grabs me by the back of my legs, pulling me up to his chest. I wrap my legs around his waist and he groans.

"You have too many clothes on " I whisper against his ear. He pulls back to study my face.

"What are we doing, Annie? Fuck, it is so hard to stay away from you."

I take his face in my hands, "we're mates, Isaac. I'm still afraid but I'm not going to fight it anymore. I'm going to let my heart, my instincts, guide me through this."

His adams apple bobs and his eyes flicker.

"You're not going to reject me?" His voice is equal parts nervous and hopeful.

"No."

"You said you're still afraid. Are you certain? Annie, I need..." his voice is soft as I cut him off with a kiss. Larens words flicker through my mind. He needs reassurances.

"I'm afraid not unsure," I hold his face in my hands, "I'm not rejecting you. My heart ached being away from you for a few hours. Leaving you is unimaginable."

"Fuck," he lets out a shaky breath "I-I... you're... thank you, Annie. You have no idea..." he stutters softly.

I kiss him everywhere, his lips, his chin, his cheeks. "You still have all of your clothes on."