9 Welcome to Sin City...sort of

Isaac's pack lands are outside of the city. When we arrive at the pack land I start to feel nervous. This is very different from the other Hunters land. Everything is so dry.

"Our acreage backs up to Red Rock Canyon National park. We have no neighbors for a very long way, even though we don't own all of the land." Isaac explains. In the distance I see mountains and rocky cliff faces.

There is a huge black fence cutting through the beige desert. Eventually, the fence meets the road. There is a guard station in front of the gate. The guard gives a respectful nod to Issac before opening it to allow the truck to drive in.

Inside the fence everything looks different from just outside. It's not a barren wasteland, quite the opposite, it's a desert oasis. The buildings are modern, no cabins or mountain retreat auras here. Everything is constructed out of dark stone and black glass. We drive through the community, there is a school, a medical building, a gym, and a pool. There are also several astroturf training fields and obstacle courses. All the green makes everything look more alive, even if the grass is fake.

Isaac stops the car on a circular driveway with a fountain in the center. Surrounding the driveway are several large garages.

When we get out of the car a man is waiting near the fountain.

He and Isaac do that kind of weird man shoulder hug thing. He then turns to me. He looks at me like I'm offering him free money.

"Luna! I'm Noah, the Beta here" he scoops me into a tight hug.

A loud, rough growl rips through the courtyard. Noah's shoulders tense and he quickly places me on the ground, slowly and gently.

"Touch her again and I'll cut off your hands" Isaac's voice is eerily calm and cold.

Noah puts his hands up in surrender, "sorry, Jacko. I wasn't thinking I was just so excited to meet her."

He steps toward Noah menacingly. For such a large man, Noah looks nervous.

"Calm down, Jacko" I can't hide the amusement in my voice.

He turns to look at me, his broad shoulders are hunched and tense. When his eyes meet mine he softens and bites his bottom lip to keep from smiling.

"Don't call me Jacko" his voice is amused.

"No fucking way!" Noah blurts out before looking at me in amazement, "you just... he..." he shakes his head and a huge smile grows on his face. "It is definitely nice to meet you, Luna."

"Please, call me Annie" I notice Isaac's face drop slightly, "at least for now."

"Have everything unloaded from the truck into the house." He tells Noah.

"The pack house?" Noah looks confused.

"No, the Alphas quarters. I'm not moving my mate into the pack house."

Noah opens his mouth to speak but Isaac stops him.

"Don't you say one fucking word."

I walk over to Isaac and take his hand in mine, hoping to defuse whatever tension is building again.

Noah notices and shakes his head again mumbling under his breath, "I'll be damned."

Isaac leads me away from the garages, behind them is a huge, beautifully designed building made of the same black glass and stone. As we get closer I notice that the glass is reflective, I can see myself, not inside.

"That's the pack house" he points to the building, "almost everyone lives there. We have another much smaller house where some of the older wolves live. The pack house can get a bit loud." He smiles like he's thinking of a specific memory.