6 second base...or was it third?

When we enter the dining room most people are already there, standing around, talking.

Hunter, Ilana, Lily and Jason are standing near the table I usually eat at with Lily and her family.

As we approach they all stop talking in that uncomfortable way that lets you know they were talking about you.

Isaac brushes his hand underneath my hair, resting it on the back of my neck. The action feels possessive and it sends tingles shooting down my spine.

"Jason, Lily, this is Alpha Isaac. Isaac, this is Jason and Lily Mets." Hunter introduces everyone. "I'm going to make a quick introduction before we eat." He lifts his chin toward the room.

"Yeah, cool," Isaac says with disinterest. When I look up at him he's staring down at me. I blush and look at the floor.

"You'll be sitting at our table" Ilana tells him sweetly.

"With Annie?" He asks quickly.

"Of course" she smiles

Hunter runs his hand over his mouth in a poor attempt to hide his smile. Isaac looks unamused.

"I just checked the cheesecakes. They look amazing!" Lily excitedly grabs my arm.

"You made cheesecake?" Isaac turns to me. His thumb running circles on my neck.

I'm afraid to open my mouth, a moan might slip out. He's rubbing my neck. How does this feel so good?

I nod, biting my cheek to keep myself quiet. I think he knows what he's doing to me because he smirks at me and rubs bigger circles.

I shift on my feet.

As we all stand at our seats, Hunter addresses the crowd.

"As I mentioned earlier in the week, my friend, Alpha Isaac is here." Isaac nods to the crowd "please be hospitable to our guest. His stay will be brief but let's make him feel welcome."

Hunter sits and we all sit after him.

Hunter passes Isaac one set of serving ware. Issac takes the tongs and begins placing smoked meat on my plate. He then dishes out mashed potatoes and gravy as well as macaroni and cheese. He then does the same for his own plate.

When I look up everyone at the table is staring at us. Ilana elbows Hunter in the ribs and he quickly pours some iced tea into her glass while the beta and his mate try not to laugh.

Wanting to show my gratitude I butter a biscuit and place it on Isaac's plate.

He startles me by pulling my chair closer to his.

"Thank you, little mate," he says into my ear before kissing my cheek.

Ilana flicks Hunter on the arm.

"Look, man. You're getting me in trouble over here. Could you do less, please?"

I laugh along with Ilana and the beta's mate, Kim.

Isaac groans quietly and leans over, rubbing his hand over my upper thigh. "You have the sexiest fucking laugh I've ever heard."

My mouth goes completely dry and my breath hitches in my throat. It's going to be a long night.

When everyone is stuffed the desserts are brought out. When a cheesecake is placed on our table I swell with pride. I glance over at Lily who sees me and gives me two excited thumbs up.

"This looks delicious, Annie!" Ilana squeals, rubbing her belly.

"Thank you. I hope it tastes good" what I really mean is 'I hope Isaac likes it.'