(3) The Make Up

Adam POV

 I felt horrible for how I made Y/n feel I mean how could I be so stupid? I fucked up big time she's never gonna forgive me for this but I still have to say sorry. Right?

 "Dad?"

 "Yes, son what's up."

 "Can I use the phone I really need to call Y/n."

 "You have 10 minutes."

 "Yes sir." I ran upstairs as fast as I could and dialed her number.

Y/n POV

 I was 30 seconds into my nap when the phone rang which startled me.

 "Dad, can you answer the phone?!" I got no answer. "Please!" Fine I guess I'll get it myself. 

"Hello."

 "Y/n thank god." 

"What Adam."

 "Y/n please I'm so sorry I-." I hung up the phone.

The phone rang almost immediately.

 "Please Y/n. It's me. It's Adam please just talk to me."

 I heard his voice starting to break. "Banks don't cry it's alright meet me at the ice cream shop okay."

 "Okay, I'll see you there."

 "See ya." 

I put on some warm clothes and wrote a note to my dad and then headed out. I got to the ice cream shop and Adam came in shortly after I gave him a huge hug and made sure he knew everything was okay. 

I knew I shouldn't have forgiven him, but he is my best friend and my crush at the same time.

"Adam. Promise me something?"

"Anything."

"Never do that again.Never." 

"I promise."

We started walking around town, but it felt so much different. Maybe because I had feelings for Adam or we just made up from our fight? Who knows?

 "You know I have to be honest you were pretty hot when you were upset," Adam said randomly.

 I looked at him shocked, my stomach dropped and we both went red.

 "Uh, Banks I think you said that out loud."

 "Well, Y/n it's true."

 "So THE Adam Banks number 9 on the district 6 Hawks hockey team thinks that I'm hot." 

"Well I-I-I I mean yeah."

 "Stupid."

 I hit him in the arm. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder nervously. I just laughed it off and pulled it down and held his hand. We saw an arcade and played a few games together. It was around 5 pm and I thought I should start heading home but Adam had other plans.

 He took me back to his house and we sat on his roof and watched the sunset. As the night fell we laid down and just watched the stars. Adam got his radio and played all our favorite songs.

"Adam?"

 "Yes, Y/n."

 "Do you like, like me?"

 "I think so. Do you like, like me?"

 "I think so."

Adam put his hand under my chin and lifted my head up.

 "Y/n, I don't think we can be just best friends anymore." 

"Me either."

 "Y/n, do you know how long I've wanted to say that?."

 "No idea."

"Y/n?"

"Adam?"

"Do you wanna be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I do."

 The songs just played as I stared into Adam's blue eyes. I looked up at Adam and just stared into his eyes then our lips touched softly, as the songs ended.