(4) The Family Dinner

It had been a few weeks since me and Adam started dating. We have been keeping it a secret so nothing would be weird between anyone.

"Y/n get ready Mr.Banks and Adam are coming over for dinner."

Great, just what I needed. Adam came over for dinner all the time but this time it felt different.

"So Y/n how's the ankle holding up."

"Very well, Mr.Banks."

"Please Y/n were practically family call me Phil."

Dinner was going very well. Dad made some Mac and cheese, he usually made it for our Banks-Reily family dinners.

"So Banks, have you made a move on my sweet Y/n yet?" I choked on my water.

"Oh, Jack they're just kids but I'm sure he's gonna get there." He winked at Adam.

Adam and I sat in silence the whole dinner.

After dinner, Adam and I were cleaning off the table while our dads were in the backyard drinking.

"So Banks have you made a move on my sweet Y/n," Adam said, mocking my dad.

"Oh Jack, they're just kids, I'm sure he's gonna get there." I mocked as I winked at him.

I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Wanna go upstairs?"

"Absolutely."

We walked upstairs to my room there were pictures of me and Adam everywhere.

"Aww you really can't get enough of me can you."

"Shut up Banks I have no other friends." I threw a pillow at him.

It was around midnight and our dads were passed out drunk on the couch, I put a blanket over them and gave my dad a kiss goodnight. As I walked to the stairs I saw Adam staring at me.

"What?"

"Do I get a kiss goodnight?" He looks at me with puppy eyes.

"Oh, Banks just for that you're sleeping on the floor."

I walked past him up the stairs. He came up behind me and threw me over his shoulder.

"Adam Banks put me down now!"

"Never!"

He ran into my room and spun around then threw me on the bed and hovered on top of me. I looked into his eyes and stroked his blonde hair. He leaned in for a kiss and so did I. Things were getting heated. The kiss was longer, hands were moving, I stopped him before things could go further. I turned him around so that we could watch a movie and we did. He came and wrapped his arm around me and we stayed like that till I fell asleep.

Adam POV.

Y/n woke up screaming and crying. It woke me up. She was crying while letting out the words,

"Adam? Adam? Adam!"

I jumped up and got in front of her and held her as tight as I could.

"A-a-Adam?"

"Shhhh I'm here I'm here you're okay."

"You're here?"

"Yeah! Did you have that dream again?"

"Yeah."

Y/n always had this horrible nightmare that constantly woke her up every week, it hurt me to see her like this but I just held her until she fell back asleep.