chapter 6

"OH SH-", She quickly covers her mouth with her fists. Kai and Jinora look back and confusion.

"Sorry guys..", They turn back around and Korra quickly grabs her phone out of her pocket and takes a picture of Makos phone. She planned on confronting him about the situation when he woke up. Carefully, she places his phone back on the table and continues watching the movie like nothing happened. Korra might understand now on why Mako has been acting a little weird lately. Theres so many questions she has, and there could be so many possible answers. Some of the questions she probably already knows the answers to, but she has to be sure either way, and soon. Its not fair to Asami or this Wu guy.

The movie is finished and everyone is practically passed out on the couches and floor.

"hm, i guess everyone is sleeping in the living room tonight.", Korra gets comfortable, grabs her earbuds and turs on some music to help her fall asleep. Not even 20 min pass before shes sound asleep.

.

.

.

Next morning

Asami is the first to wake up, as she usually does. She used to it. She was always a bit of an early bird while Korra always slept in.

Her eyes slowly flutter open as the morning light shines on her face through the shades. Slowly raising up, she reaches over Mako, grabs her phone from the back of the couch and checks the time.

9:30

Not surprised, Asami slowly removes Makos arm from her waist and stretches as she raises up from the couch. She looks over at Korra and smirks as she shakes her head.

Done stretching, Asami walks out of the room and heads upstairs to her personal bathroom.

Asami was the type to brush her teeth before eating. Korra thinks it's just plain evil.

After she finished bushing her teeth and washes her face, she stares at her self in the mirror for a good minute or so. She's sighs, grateful that it's the weekend. School is tiring for her. So much work just so she can attend a college she probably doesn't even want to go to.

She does another weak sigh as she walks out of her bathroom and into her room.

The clothes she woke up in were the same ones she came home in from school. She soon realized and grabs some old sweatpants and a random shirt from her dresser and throws them on the bed. She then gets undressed.

She pauses for a minute and stands right in front of her bedside in thought.. subconsciously hugging herself, the light from the window spreading on her slightly tanned skin.

Mako had been distant lately. Him and asami haven't had any alone time in a while. It was very unlike him since he's usually so touchy when it comes to Asami.

With her eyes closed, Asami slowly grazes her skin with the tips of her index and middle finger, going from shoulder to elbow.

Her hand then reaches her torso. But before she can go any further she snaps back into reality.

Eyes quickly opening, She starts getting dressed again..
.
.
Downstairs
Jinora and Kai were second to wake up after Asami. It's not long before they realize Asami is gone.

As one would, they both assume she's upstairs or in another room. While they wait for Asami to come back from what she's up too, the two kids go to the kitchen and sit at the round table.

Kai was first to break silence.

"What do you think Asamis up to?"

"Probably changing clothes are showering. Yknow none of us ever actually changed clothes..."

Jinora is a very observant person, but anyone could've easily noticed a detail like that.

"Hm I totally forgot I was in my outside clothes sh-"

Before Kai could finish his thought, Asami walked straight into the kitchen. She had thought to make breakfast for everyone but assumed korra wouldn't be up for another 2...maybe three hours.

"Hey, you guys want anything? I could make something or just get some cereal?"

"Yea sure, I'll take some waffles", Jinora replied.

"I'm good I'll just eat some cereal", Kai backs up.

"Kai you really need some variety on your life. You eat the same thing every day..."

"I am simple man indeed Jinora... a simple man indeed."

Jinora chuckles as Asami places the plate of waffles in front of her. Doing so, Kai's cereal was also placed in front of him.

Both kids thank Asami In unison.

"Thanks Asami"

"No problem guys, consider me your -personal chef", Asami says while bowing.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself" a Deep voice coming from behind her. Mako. Just getting up from his deep sleep.

"And good morning to you. Want some waffles?"

"Nah I'm good, I need to get undressed."

"Okay, they'll still be here if you changed your mind."

"Okay." Almost forgetting, Mako makes a B-line to his phone and grabs it quickly before heading towards the stairs.

Shit. I forgot to text wu back.

Unread message (1)

Mako opens it...

Wu
i miss u already. Are you gonna tell her? idk how long i can hide this thing between us. Its not fair to her.

"Fuck man I don't need this on my mind right now."

Mako quickly heads to his and Asamis room and grabs some clothes for after he showers. Instead of using the room bathroom he uses the guest bathroom down the hall. He heads straight to his destination and shuts the door, making sure to lock it..

He then starts texting wu back.

Hey I'm sorry I fell asleep. I will I promise but it's not that easy I've been hiding this for a long time and it's not something I can just bring up in casual conversation. Ill tell her soon

I miss you too

Problem was, Mako had no plans on telling Asami anytime soon..
.
.
.
.
.
Hey guysssss 🧍🏽 so yea I've been Mia I sincerely apologize 🧍🏽I won't make promises to stay consistent but don't worry the story is no where near done

Happy bhm🧍🏽