chapter 7

Mako jumps in the shower and stays in there for maybe a good hour and a half to clear his mind. He doesn't know what to do... part of him is telling him to tell the truth and thinks it will be better for Asami. The other part says spare her feelings and push it all away, but what good would that do?.. Truth be told, Mako wants to save himself the misery and just tell her, but he cant. he cant bring himself to. What would his friends think? what would Asami think? what would bo think?..

"Bo..." Mako says to himself. What am i gonna do? Mako finishes washing up and turns off the shower. He gets dressed and starts toward the fancy hallway. Finally reaching the stairs, Mako sees Kai, Jinora and Asami sitting on the couch with Korra finally waking, watching cartoons.

Jokingly, Mako says, "ah I see you're finally awake Korra"

"yeah I needed that sleep" Korra replies.

"morning guys"

Mako gets a nice 'Good morning' from both Jinora and Kai.

"hey where's opal and Bolin?"

"oh yeah, they went upstairs looking a little cranky, i guess the couch wasn't big enough especially for opal." kai says.

"yeah Bolin's a bit fluffy huh.."

mako sits down next to Asami while. Korra gets up following with a 'Toe curling' stretch and sees herself to the kitchen. Heading straight for the kitchen, Korra notices Mako looks a little too deep in thought. "hey Mako you ok?" Korra asking and making sure Mako was ok wasn't a little too out of the ordinary. She still cared about him but they've been distant lately because of Makos sudden change of 'attendance' and these 'things' he always has to take care of. It started a couple of months ago.

"hm, yeah im alright, thanks"

"yep" Korra grabs herself a bowl and a box of cinnamon toast crunch. The best cereal, thinking t0 herself. Making herself a bowl, Korra now realizes Mako is furrowing his brow. Dude what's going on with you... before realizing what could be, Korra finishes her bowl of cereal. hm.

"Hey mako?"

"Yeah what's up?"

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"uh, sure why not"

Asami looks back in confusion but shrugs it off and turns back to the tv. Korra pulls mako to the side and leads him upstairs. they go down the hall just far enough so they aren't seen. "we need to talk"

"yeah? you just said that.. what's up"

"who's Wu?"

mako freezes for a good three seconds. he wasn't expecting that of all questions. he doesn't know what to do or say. what does he say? what does he do? he just stands there with a subtle surprised face.. "how- who's.." stuttering, mako gives up and gives a frustrating "ahhh.. shit" what's the point in lying? she already knows, that's why she asked..

"hes my.. partner."

"partner?" Korra repeats confused.

"ya' know... like.. boyfriend, sorta"

Korra raises her eye then furrows it, leaning her head at an angle. boyfriend.. "okay, s-so how long have you been hiding this boyfriend? since you started being weird a couple months ago and hiding everything?"

"yeah.." mako scratches his head and looks down in shame. though he knows he has nothing to be ashamed of, it still doesn't feel good..

"so.. when did you know..? and why didn't you talk to me?"