Chapter 64

False's POV

"!¡∷ᒷ!¡ᔑ∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ꖎᒷᔑ⍊ᒷ ╎ᒲᒲᒷ↸╎ᔑℸ ̣ ᒷꖎ|| "

I don't turn around, only giving a small nod.

The door closes behind whoever was sent to tell me, but I'm hesitant to turn around. So I instead look down at the goggles I'm holding. They still have the crack in them from when Stress, Cleo and I were using elytras for the first time.

Not wanting to think of the other two, I shove the goggles into a chest. I usually deal with things by shoving them away where I don't have to deal with them.

Leaving the room, I wonder why they're bringing me. Maybe it's because I know the Hermits, and their weaknesses. After I messed up so badly the last time, I wouldn't want to bring myself along either.

"𝙹リᒷ ᓭꖎ╎!¡ ⚍!¡ ᔑリ↸ ||𝙹⚍∷ᒷ ↸ᒷᔑ↸. ∷ᒷᒲᒷᒲʖᒷ∷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣. "A voice reminds me.

"ᔑᓭ ╎⎓ ||𝙹⚍'↸ ꖎᒷℸ ̣ ᒲᒷ ⎓𝙹∷⊣ᒷℸ ̣" I respond sarcastically

The Watcher rolls his eyes, before handing me a netherite sword.

"╎ ↸𝙹リ'ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ∷⚍ᓭℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ ᔑリ||ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣ ᒷꖎᓭᒷ "

He has a fair point. I haven't been allowed to handle a mere dagger since the Prime Watcher's death, even if that wasn't technically my fault, so a sword like this is more than I expected.

"And stay safe, ok?" He reminds me, brushing some of the hair out of my eyes.

"You know me... I'll try." I mumble, pulling away from him.

He can't tell if I'm joking or not, and to be honest...

Neither can I.

Ezra's POV

"We're going in an hour...you ready?"

"How the hell is this gonna protect me?!"

I'm wearing a red leather tunic that comes down to the bottom of my ribcage, fingerless, leather gloves up to my elbows, knee high boots, and tight (also leather) trousers that are surprisingly good for moving around in.

The only thing protecting me are my knee and elbow guards, and unless the leather gonna help, I think I'm doomed.

"It's that or your other red armour." Celeste tells me "And we don't have time to fix that, so you're stuck with this. As feeble as it looks, it's good armour. You'll be able to move quickly, and it's enchanted to be about 86% resistant to Watcher Magic."

"What about the other 14%?"

"Just try to dodge that bit."

This makes me laugh, despite the serious situation. Turning back to the mirror in the room, I still feel a little uncomfortable. It's clearly armour built for a female body, and the fact that I can't wear a binder doesn't help.

"Why does that matter? You're still Ezra, no matter what you look like."

"There's a difference between not liking how you look and being trapped in a body that just feels... wrong."

"I understand that... but try to think of what matters."

"Grian Joe and Xisuma?"

"Exactly. They're what matter, and you'll do this for them, won't you?"