4

____________________________________

Midoriya's POV:

There was a quiet and comfortable darkness surrounding me. I couldn't feel anything. It was neither warm nor cold. I wasn't able to tell if I was alive or not.

I didn't feel my body. It felt like my soul was wandering around in this huge empty endlessness, searching for something that made some sort of sense, something that showed me if I was alive or dead. Something that showed me if I even defeated All For One or not.

I was left there with so many unanswered questions which got answered sooner than I expected.. More or less.

It didn't take long before the darkness began to dissolve. My vision was flooded with more and more light with every second that went by, until I started blinking my eyes open.

The whiteness of the light was piercing my eyeballs, but after a little while they got used to it and I could clearly see my surroundings.

I was alive, I knew that and I knew that I was in a hospital room. My body was aching like hell, my arms felt like they got crushed and so did my legs. Well, to be honest my whole body felt like it got torn apart. Everything was hurting so much that I was already on the edge of crying.

My body truly wasn't ready for the full 100% of my power, I thought to myself.

With all the energy I had, I tried sitting up, but that ended up being a huge mistake.

I felt the bones in my body shattering with every little move I made. I was barely able to breathe normally since my ribs moved when I got oxygen into my lungs and let me tell you, when you have broken ribs... breathing becomes a luxury. Believe me when I say that.

My whole face scrunched up and I squinted my eyes together from all the pain. It even made me unable to notice the person that appeared next to me.

I opened my eyes and immediately jumped, holding my hands up in order to be ready to fight in case I had to, but my body was too damaged to move even the smallest muscle.

In the end I wouldn't have needed to defend myself anyway. It was only Mr. Aizawa who was standing next to my bed, trying to talk to me.

But there was one massive problem.

I couldn't seem to hear him at all.

My body froze up and my eyes grew wide. What in the world-?

Sensei looked confused at me, he didn't understand why I was looking at him with that kind of expression and his lips stopped moving for a moment, until he tried to talk to me again.

But this time I knew what he said, it was a familiar row of lip movements.

Midoriya? Are you okay?

I still didn't dare to move a single inch, my heart felt like it stopped beating. In that moment I just wished to wake up from this nightmare. I hoped that this was all just a terrible joke. I wanted it to be a terrible joke! I never expected myself to wake up one day and not being able to hear anything, like I was deaf. I always thought that it would be Kacchan who would turn deaf one day, but... not me... I never expected that in a million years.

I could see the tears in my eyes blurring my sight, I moved my head away from Mr. Aizawa and up to the ceiling where the bright light was shining down on me right into my eyes. Silent tears started dripping down my temples. I noticed that my chest started moving as if I was sobbing and air started going in and out of my mouth.

It felt like a thousand knives were constantly pushed in and out of my body. That's how bad the pain was, but I couldn't stop crying my guts out. I cried with seemingly no end.