7

____________________________________

Midoriya's POV:

I kept lying on Kacchan's stomach for a little while longer, until I felt a light touch on my back. It was Mr. Aizawa who tried to signalize me that I had to return into my room, even though I really didn't want to.

"Can't I stay here?" I asked him, hoping that I was allowed to spend more time with Kacchan.

The black haired teacher looked at me with a confused expression and pointed with his index finger at his ear, showing me that he couldn't understand what I said.

I tried repeating myself, this time a little louder and even though I could see that my teacher still had a hard time understanding me, he knew what I wanted from him. He replied to me by shaking his head and grabbing my wheelchair, ready to leave and return to my own hospital room.

Before we left I squeezed Kacchan's hand one more time and looked into his crimson red eyes in which I could see how sad he was to see me leave, and to be honest.. It broke my heart a little. Sadly I had no influence on what was happening and was already being pushed outside of the room.

I kept looking down at my hands, one was a little bloody because Kacchan blew it open with his quirk before, but I couldn't even sense any pain. It was as if my hands were numb, though I could still move them. It was a weird feeling and it was also confusing me a lot, making me wonder how it was even possible to be able to feel that kind of twisted sensation.

Before I knew it and could think longer about my hands, I was already back in my room and standing in front of my bed.

Kirishima and Mr. Aizawa helped me to lie down and put the blanket I had with me over my legs once more, so that I wouldn't be too cold.

It was actually winter and raining outside at that moment. It looked really peaceful. I felt the urge to go outside and dance in the rain, but that was hard to do in my situation. The rain drops kept hitting against the window to my right, flowing down and cleaning the glass meanwhile.

I got a little sad at that sight, I loved the rain. Whenever it was raining outside I used to run out and lie down in the middle of the road, just to feel the water drops falling onto my body and to hear the peaceful sound surrounding me. It made me feel like I was in my own little world, it made me happy.
But now.. Now I would never be able to hear that beatiful sound again. Never in my entire life. And that thought destroyed me. It made me feel so god damn depressed.

I will never be able to hear anything or anyone again.., I thought.

When I snapped out of my thoughts, I turned my head back to my left and glanced around the room, but no one was there anymore. Both my red haired friend and my teacher left the room without me noticing it.

In the corner of my eye I spotted the clipboard on the nightstand next to me which had a message on it. I slowly stretched my arm out and read what it said.

"You look like you want to be alone, so I will be leaving. Plus visiting hours are over, so I wouldn't be allowed to stay here either way. If you start to feel lonely or anything, feel free to text me.
P.S.: Mr. Aizawa is somewhere in the hospital and will be staying the night. So if you need him, you can also just give him a quick call and he'll come by.
-Your bro Kirishima >.<"

I smiled at the little note and put it back on the drawer I picked it up from. Kirishima was always a really good friend to me and a really caring and lovely person. It amazed me everytime when I saw him being so kind. I appreciated the fact that I was one of his friends. He was a person that had everything a good friend should have when being by your side. He is very loyal, caring, friendly, funny and he also always cheers you up or has an open ear for you in case you're not feeling too well.

I looked over to a white clock that was hanging on the wall right in front of me.

04:34pm.

It's still pretty early, I thought that it was already 9pm or so.

I let out a heavy sigh and closed my eyes. I didn't want to stay awake for much longer, I wanted to sleep and forget about everything that was happening in my life. I didn't want to have a single thought anymore. I was exhausted and extremely tired. My whole body was sore and my limbs heavy.

I kept taking deep breaths, trying to relax this way and to my surprise, it worked very well. My mind was shutting down and I could feel sleep tugging on me. Barely a minute passed until I was fully asleep.

____________________________________

The next day came faster than I would have liked it and I slowly got woken up by someone gently shaking my leg. My eyes fluttered open and got blinded by the bright light shining into my face, but after a few seconds I was able to see the silhouette of a woman in front of me.

There was a nurse bringing me breakfast and another one was changing the IV to my right.

I felt a little sluggish, tired, and was in even more pain than the day before, but that was to be expected considering the fact that I was fighting for three days in a row just a little while back.

It was already bright outside. The sky was white, maybe even a little gray, and you weren't able to see the slightest bit of blue shining through the clouds. It looked like it was going to snow later throughout the day.

I kept staring out of the window, inspecting every last little tree that was standing there, and only dared to look back into the room when I knew that every nurse left. I didn't want to see any of them talking without me being able to hear them. It just was so unfamiliar to me, so unreal. But I also didn't want to communicate with any of them over a piece of paper and a pen if I'm being honest. It made me feel like I was an outcast as if I was the worst.

When I was sure that I was alone, I turned my head to my left, where my breakfast got placed on a small table. It contained a plate with two slices of toast, one slice of cheese and ham each, a yogurt, and a cup of coffee. It didn't look really appetizing, and I didn't even drink coffee, which is why I decided not to eat or drink anything of what I got served. I also wasn't really hungry. The thought of food made me feel so sick that I was sure I would throw up any second, but I tried my best to keep myself from doing that.

Out of boredom, I grabbed a mobile phone that I found on the nightstand next to me. It had a red case around it and looked pretty new. As if someone just bought it. I was sure it wasn't mine since mine was black and probably got destroyed during the fight, but I was still curious to who it belonged.

Maybe it's from one of the nurses?

I pressed down on the power button and waited until it fully started up. It had no pin or any other kind of lock on it. I just had to swipe across the screen and had free access to everything on it.

I clicked on the contact icon and realized that it showed every contact that I also had on my old phone. With a confused look on my face, I just kept scrolling until I found Kirishima's number and sent him a text.

<<Hey Kirishima, I just found this phone. Is this your doing or who placed it here? -Izuku>>

<<Heyyy! Glad to hear from you bro! Oh and no, it was Mr. Aizawa who got you that phone. He told me about it yesterday.>>

<<Alright, thank you for telling me about it :)>>

<<No problem! Text me when you need anything :D>>

<<I will, thanks.>>

I smiled a little at the screen. It was a nice gesture from Aizawa sensei.

I need to thank him later, I thought and kept scrolling through my contacts until I found Kacchan's name and pressed down on the text icon.