5

____________________________________

Midoriya's POV:

The last sentence kept echoing through my skull.

He is also deaf now? What?

I moved my eyes away from the sheet of paper that just told me the horrible news about my friend and opened my mouth a little as if I wanted to say something, but nothing came out. I kept quiet, processing the new information.

This can't be true..

I didn't want to believe that Kacchan was also deaf, I didn't want it to be true. It was already horrible enough that one of us was deaf and had low chances of becoming a pro hero, but both of us? Why both of us? What did we do to deserve this kind of fate?

I stared up to the ceiling, starting to dissociate, thinking about the whole situation. I tried to figure out how our future would continue and how we were supposed to continue Living like this.

The picture of my future I had in my head started to break into pieces, nothing would be the same as it used to be and nothing would work out the way I wanted it to be. Everything would change, our whole lives would change from head to toe. As if someone hit the "restart" button for Kacchan's and my life.

My friends around me seemed to notice that I got lost in thought and that I had a hard time understanding what had happened. One by one they all started to leave, intending to give me space, until only Mr. Aizawa and Kirishima were left.

Mr. Aizawa was sitting on a chair next to me, staring out of the window behind him. My red haired classmate was sitting at the end of my bed, fidgeting with his fingers, waiting for any kind of movement or reaction that might come from me.

I kept thinking more and more for several minutes, getting lost in my mind and forgetting what reality looked like for a moment. I made everything a hundred times worse in my head than it actually was which kept me busy for some time. I tried to find solutions for problems that weren't actually existing and that kind of behaviour kept continuing until the redhead at the end of my bed stood up and leaned over me, trying to get my attention.

I snapped out of my thought process and turned my head towards him, looking lost into his eyes.

Kirishima took the clipboard and pen inside of his hands and wrote down a single question.

Do you want to see him?

As soon as I read the last word on the clipborad, a semi loud "Yes!" escaped my mouth. I wanted to see Kacchan more than anything and anyone right now. I haven't seen him since the signal I gave him when I was ready to attack All For One, which was way too long for me. I wanted to know if he was alright. I wanted to see how he was dealing with being deaf. Provided he was awake.

Mr. Aizawa also noticed now what was going on and exchanged a few words with his student and a nurse who then left the room and came back with a wheelchair for me. Since my body was half crushed and kinda torn apart in a few places, I wasn't really able to move on my own without being in humongous pain. I had to be helped with almost every movement that I wanted to carry out.

Step by step the nurse, Mr. Aizawa and Kirishima were helping me up from my bed and down in  the black wheelchair so that they could move me into Kacchan's room. Kirishima also took a blanket, the clipboard and the pen with him.

While I was pushed out of the room, with the blanket on top of my legs, and across the hall on the way to my childhood friend's room, I was looking at the red haired boy who was walking right next to me. He looked all beaten up, bandages and band aids covering his body together with a ton of dirt. One of his eyes was swollen and completely blue, his hair was all messy and sticky from all the blood and his hero outfit also wasn't in the best condition.

I felt so sorry for him. I felt sorry for everyone who was involved in the huge fight against All For One and the other villains all around the world. There were probably still other heroes fighting at that very moment, trying to protect humanity while I was being carried around in a wheelchair. I felt kind of useless because I knew that I should have been capable of doing more. I should have been fighting outside, trying to defeat all the other bad people instead of withering away in a hospital.

It didn't take us long until we arrived at Kacchan's room and stopped in front of it.

I knew that both Mr. Aizawa and Kirishima were giving me a little bit of time to prepare myself for what I was about to see. I could feel the tension between those two, but I didn't know why that was.. until we entered the room.

Kiri slowly pushed down the door handle and went inside the room, holding the door open while Mr. Aizawa was pushing me forward. At first I couldn't see Kacchan anywhere since a wall to my right was blocking my vision, but when we got further inside I could see Kacchan's messy bed around the corner with him on top of it, completely losing his mind.

He was being tied down with belts which were digging into his skin as he was trying everything in his power to escape. He was moving like a wild animal, like he was crying and screaming, looking scared and angry at the same time.
He didn't even notice that someone entered his room.

My eyes were filled with fear and panic. I couldn't stand watching him being tied down like this. It reminded me of the sludge villain attack and of the time where Kacchan was tied to a huge cement block at the sports festival.

"Please do something! Free him from those belts! PLEASE!" I tried to scream, but no one seemed to move.