9

Bakugou's POV:

When Deku closed his eyes, I put my hand on top of his head and started playing with his green curls. They felt really soft, just like silk.

I could see how the boy's body next to me was relaxing, and it didn't take long until I knew that Deku had fallen asleep.

I looked up at the ceiling while continuing to play with the greenette's hair since it made me feel pretty calm and thought about what we've just talked about.

I knew that I and him had to learn a ton of new shit and also new ways of living and communicating, but I just didn't feel like I would be able to do it.

After the whole fight against All For One, I realized how weak I actually was and that I wouldn't be much help as a hero.

If Deku wouldn't have been there by my side back then, I would've never been able to come up with any kind of plan and probably would have died. He was the one who thought of anything and took action. I just stood there, useless as ever only trying to follow his plan.

I'm not saying it was smart of him to put himself in that much danger and basically almost committing suicide, but in the end, it was his job.

I looked down beside me at the green-haired boy with a kind of sad expression.

"You bastard, don't scare me like this ever again," I whispered without me knowing, and only a few seconds later, after I looked back up at the ceiling, a black-haired man popped up in my vision.

I jumped because he startled me and was ready to shoot an explosion right into his face out of defense, but then Mr. Aizawa's eyes started glowing in a deep red, and his scarf was dangerously flowing around him just like his hair, making my quirk disappear for a few seconds until he stopped using his own quirk.

The black-haired man looked at me with tired eyes and gave me a note.

I'm here to pick up Midoriya since he is up for a check-up, but I guess that can wait, huh?

He pointed at the boy beneath my hand.

"I guess," I said, unsure if I brought out a single word.

A few seconds passed in which my teacher wrote another note and passed it to me.

I actually wanted to talk about this together with Midoriya but if you don't mind, I would use the opportunity anyways and would like to talk to you about sign language.

"You're not the first one who is wanting to talk with me about this topic today," I said quietly, which is very unusual for my typically known behavior, but I couldn't control it. It made me feel like I wasn't as intimidating as normally which kind of made me feel weak.

The following note found its way in front of my eyes as I read the question: "Do you know any sign language?"

I smiled a little evil and answered with a confident "Yes," and a smirk on my face.

"Let's say that I know the basics." It felt like a Deja Vu since I had the same conversation with Deku only a short while ago.

Mr. Aizawa's expression showed that he was surprised and impressed.

Show me a few.

Firstly I showed him the actual basic signs I knew, things like "sorry", "thank you" and so on, but then I slowly moved my hand upwards to my chin.

"This is my absolute favorite sign," I chuckled and signed "bitch" to my teacher.

Mr. Aizawa looked extremely disappointed at me and I couldn't help but start laughing uncontrollably since I loved the kind of power that was given to me.

I could run around and start using cuss words towards anyone and they would either not know what I was doing or if they knew, I could just say that I still have trouble learning sign language.

The black-haired and really tired man in front of me rolled his eyes at my reaction, though you could still see an amused smile on his lips.

You got me there, he wrote.

"Oh yes, I did, old man," I laughed until I calmed down again and read another few words from him.

Besides the last sign, you already know a few basics. Would you mind me teaching you sign language? I'm sure that you would need it together with Midoriya to be able to communicate in some sort of way. It would be a lot easier than over a piece of paper.

I nodded in agreement and also said that I would gladly accept the offer.

"I would like to, but Deku doesn't need them, actually. He told me that he already learned sign language because he knew that I would go deaf one day. He also offered me to let him teach me."

Mr. Aizawa nodded and lifted his hand up, showing me an "okay" with it (👌🏻), and squatted down beside my bed where Deku's head was resting under my hand.

He gently woke him up, and I could see how Deku opened his eyes slowly, firstly trying to understand where he even was.

Then out of a sudden, our teacher started moving his hands around like he was trying to catch a fucking fly, and Deku responded to the black-haired man in the same exact way.

I felt like a dumb chicken next to them, not being able to figure out what's going on and when Deku's eyes found their way to mine, he chuckled a little and covered his mouth with one hand while laughing. Apparently, I looked that ridiculous to him.

"Oh what I would give to hear your laugh one last time," I accidentally said out loud but didn't notice it myself and smiled a little as well.

Mr. Aizawa just glanced at me with sad eyes once and then quickly stood up to get Deku's wheelchair.