8

I smiled a little at the screen. It was a nice gesture from Aizawa sensei.

I need to thank him later, I thought and kept scrolling through my contacts until I found Kacchan's name and pressed down on the text icon.

<<Hey Kacchan! Did you also get a new phone? - Izuku>>

<<Hello, nerd. Yes, I did. From who are these fucking things?>>

<<From Mr. Aizawa, that's at least what Kirishima told me.>>

<<K.>>

I frowned at my phone. No need to text so dry.

<<Can I come over to your room?>>

<<Sure, whatever. Why not have a nerd in my room?>>

I clicked on the exit button and dialed Mr. Aizawa's number. It was ringing for quite some time before he picked up. When I knew that he could hear me, I spoke into the microphone, hoping that I wasn't too quiet.

"Hello Mr. Aizawa, I wanted to say thank you for the new phone and also.. Can you come and help me? I want to pay Kacchan a visit." After I said those words Mr. Aizawa almost immediately hung up the phone, and I patiently waited for him to arrive.

**

Barely five minutes passed until he was standing right next to me, ready to help me take a seat in my wheelchair and push me out of the room.

"Sorry for troubling you so much sensei," I whispered and looked down at my hands. "I know that you probably have something better to do than this."

A few seconds passed until my teacher pressed a piece of paper into my hands with a note on it. I read it while he ruffled my hair and moved me forward.

"Don't apologize. There is nothing for you to feel sorry for. Don't worry about something that I have or don't have to do. It was my decision to take care of you and Bakugou as long as you are hospitalized."

I slightly smiled at the man's message, folded the paper, and put it into my pocket instead of throwing away.

We entered Kacchan's room and as soon as I saw the blonde boy's face lurking around the corner, a big smile appeared on my face, and so did one on his. I felt really lonely whenever I was alone in my room, and it was refreshing to see someone else besides the nurses coming in and out of my room every now and then. It also feels weird to suddenly be alone after you have spent your whole life around other people.

Mr. Aizawa placed me next to Kacchan's bed so that I could look right into his face and then left the room to give us some privacy.

I quickly picked up my phone that I took with me from my lap and pressed on the text icon. I then clicked on the chatroom from me and Kacchan.

<<Hey! How are you?>>

Kacchan noticed that his phone lit up in front of him, and when he saw that it was me who texted him he raised his eyebrows in confusion.

<<Uhm, hi? Why the fuck did you come over when you're only planning to text me? You could've just stayed in your room then, nerd.>>

<<Yeah yeah, I know, but we don't have many options here you know. It's also something different to be in the same room instead of being separated, even if were only texting.>>

<<Makes sense, I guess.>>

<<Yeah :). Do you know any sign language by chance? I know this question came out of the blue, but it's important!>>

<<No, not really. I only know basic signs like 'thank you' and shit. And cuss words.>>

I lifted my head from my phone and looked at him with a little disappointed expression on my face while mouthing 'Really?'.

Kacchan smirked at me with an evil smile and lifted his hand up to his chin, signing me 'bitch' with it.

I let out a small laugh and shook my head slightly at the same time.

Unbelievable.

I looked back down at my phone.

<<I can't believe you just said that to me >︿<.>>

<<I'm only learning the important stuff! 😌>>

I smiled at the message and got another one from Kacchan right after.

<<Do that again.>>

Huh?

<<What do you mean?>>

<<Your smile. It's pretty, do that again.>>

My cheeks flushed red out of embarrassment, and I couldn't make myself look up.

<<Since when are you so nice? ⁄(•⁄ ⁄⁄-⁄⁄ •⁄)⁄>>

<<I don't know, maybe I hit my head in the fight.>>

<<OKAY OKAY THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME ⁄(⁄ •⁄⁄-⁄⁄• ⁄)⁄, back to the topic. Sign language was it, right?>>

<<No, it was your smile. Your smile was the topic of our conversation. I still want to see you smile >:(.>>

<<Alright, okay, stop right there. I don't know who you are and what you did with Kacchan, but holy moly, you need to stop. I'm scared that I will explode.
(〃 ̄ω ̄〃)ゞ >>

<<Chill, nerd. I will stop if you're really that embarrassed. You look like the mutation of a tomato.>>

<<Good, about the sign language stuff.. I guess it hAd cOme tO yOUr aTTentiOn tHat we aRe bOth dEaF. And well, in the past I have actually already taken sign language classes since I always kind of expected you to turn deaf one day, but I have never thought that I would also be affected by it.. If you want to, I can help you learn sign language maybe. I mean, there would also be no use if only I understood it.>>

I looked up at Kacchan when I sent him the message and waited for a response.

He lifted his head and nodded towards me, mouthing an 'Okay, thanks.'

I smiled at him and turned my phone off afterwards, which was followed by me lying down my head right beside him.

I was still tired even though I have slept more than 15 hours. My body had a hard time recovering from all the injuries and needed a ton of energy that I couldn't even offer.

When I closed my eyes, I could feel a hand finding its place on my head, massaging my scalp, and playing with my hair.