Chapter 4

Last time on Total Drama Island... 23 campers have signed up to spend eight weeks right here at this crummy old summer camp, then have to face the judgement of their fellow campers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chris turned to the campers " Today's challenge is three-fold. Your first task is to jump off this 1,000-foot high cliff into the lake."

"Piece of cake," Bridgette says confidently.

Chris continues "If you look down, you will see two target areas. The wider area represents the part of the lake that we have stocked with psychotic," Chris laughs sadistically "Man-eating sharks! inside that area is a safe zone. That's your target area, which we're pretty sure is shark-free."

The campers eyes widen some others gasped

Leshawna looked at Chris like he grew two head "Huh? Excuse me!"

Chris ignored this "For each member of your team that jumps and actually survives, there will be a crate of supplies waiting below. Inside each crate are supplies that you'll need for the second part of the challenge... building a hot tub. The team with the best one gets to have a wicked hot-tub party tonight. The losers will be sending someone home. Let's see... Killer Bass, you're up first."

Bridgette walks close to the ledge and peers down "Oh, wow so...who wants to go first?" She asked turning to her teammates.

The Killer Bass silently looked at each other as crickets chirp.

Owen broke the silence "Hey, don't sweat it, guys. I heard that these shows always make the interns do the stunt first to make sure it's survivable." This made them feel a bit more confident about the challenge.

"So, who's up?" Eva asked looking at her teammates.

Duncan smirks "Ladies first."

Bridgette sighs defeated"Fine, I'll go first. It's no big deal...just an insane cliff dive into a circle of angry sharks." Bridgette jumps off the cliff with a majestic dive, and lands directly in the centre of the safe area.

Bridgette's head popped out of the water, she looked up and waved "Whoo-hoo! That was so cool. Come on, guys! join me." A rickety-looking boat comes to pick her up.

Tyler watched as she dived into the safe zone and cheered "She did it! Yeah, yeah I'm next." Tyler runs back to get a running start and jumps off the cliff. "Cowabunga!" He shouts.

Let's just say his landing wasn't that great...he crashes into one of the metal buoys. Everyone watched and cringed, Tyler slides off the buoys and managed to fall into the safe zone.

Next was Geoff "Wooooooo! Hahahaha!"

Then Eva" Look out below!"

Duncan goes next but doesn't make a noise as he falls. He just stays still with his arms crossed and frowned at the camera. Next up was DJ, who stood by the cliff paralysed in fear.

Chris looked at him "Scare of heights?" He asked softly.

DJ nods "Yeah, ever since I was a kid."

Chris walked up to him "That's okay, big guy...Unfortunately, that also makes you a chicken. So you'll have to wear this for the rest of the day," Chris places a hat on DJ's head that looks like a rubber chicken.

DJ pouts "Aw, man. For real?"

Chris smirks and makes chicken noises "That means the chicken path down is that-a-way. Next!" DJ dejectedly takes an escalator down back the cliff. Next up was Ezekiel.