Chapter 8

Last time on Total Drama Island... A talent contest brought out the worst in our campers. It was awesome! The Killer Bass struggled to find any talent on their team, and clumsiness pretty much knocked out their best prospect. Let's be honest here; Asteria was the only talented person there.

So Heather swore to make Gwen's life miserable by stealing her diary. Then she read it in front of the entire viewing world, revealing that Gwen has a secret crush on someone at camp.

The producers have exclusive photos of Asteria, place your bets for them.

Then, Heather managed to save her butt by convincing the rest of the team to vote off McGorgeousness. Who will be the next one to walk off this crappy dock?

Find out tonight in the most dramatic marshmallow ceremony ever! On...

Total. Drama. Island!

--------------------------------------------------------

All the campers sat at the elimination area and it seemed Justin was eliminated. For some reason some of the campers had eye bags under their eyes, even Chris did, but he still had his host smile.

"Campers, today's challenge will test your outdoor survival skills. I'm not gonna lie to you. Some of you may not come back alive." A few of the campers gasped.

"Just joking," Chris chuckled. "All you have to do is spend one night in the woods. Everything you need is at your team's campsite in the forest. You just have to find it." He picked up a bag of maps and compasses and threw it at Heather and Duncan. "Asteria you will have to find the Killer Bass since you slept in the Gophers cabin."

"Oh, and watch out for bears. Lost a couple of interns in pre-production. First team back for breakfast wins invincibility!" He blows his air horn "Well, off you go!"

"Did he say there are bears up in here?" Leshwana asked, she was visibly scared.

Owen stood up with pride "I had a little encounter with a bear once. Let's just say his head looks real nice up on my mantle."

Izzy turned to the group. "Ooh! This one time, I saw a bear eating our garbage! He had old spaghetti noodles hanging from his big, huge teeth! It looked like blood and guts! It was so gross. And we thought he was eating the neighbor's cat Simba, but it turns out he was just lost for a week. Uh, you didn't eat spaghetti, did you?" Lindsay shook her head "Good, let's go!"

Asteria grabbed Gwen's arm. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just fine," she replied, gently removing her arms off hers and promptly walked off without a word.

Asteria was about to follow her but Izzy took her hand and dragged her, towards the direction of their group. "We should catch up with them, we don't want to be caught by the bears. Even if we do, I would protect you with my life, with all the training I've been through I can take on anyone," she cackled evilly, then immediately stopped and gave the girl next to her an innocent smile.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

The Screaming Gophers walked through the forest, Gwen was ahead of them shoulders slumped looking kind of depressed. Asteria wanted to check up on her but, Izzy had a hold on her and Trent already beat her to it.

"Hey, Gwen, wait up!" The guitar boy jogged up next.

"No," she sped up.

Trent matched up to his pace "Hey if this is about that whole diary thing..." before he could finish, she shrugged her shoulders and walked off. Trent looked detected, Asteria still being held by Izzy, caught up to him.