under the weather , karl jacobs

pro nouns: she/her
desc: karl is sick so y/n takes care of him

waking up at an early hour was normal for y/n. her body was used to waking up between 7-9 in the morning. maybe it was because of all those times she woke up extra early for school or she was just always an early riser.

she slowly opened her eyes and was about to get up until she realized something- or someone- was on her. she looked down to be met by her sleeping boyfriend who was snuggled deep into her chest.

y/n looked at him in comfusion. he was supposed to have gotten up early to fly out to LA with jimmy and the rest of the team. not that she was complaining, she'd do anything to spend more time with karl.

"karl, my love?" the y/h/c girl kissed the top of his head in a loving way. he started to stir and soon enough he was up.

"y/n!" he cheered happily holding the girl tight. y/n laughed but returned the excitement.

"i thought you were leaving to LA? is something wrong?" she didn't wanna sound like she hoped he was leaving but it was a rare occurrence that he wouldn't go on flights with the team.

"i threw up. i called jimmy and told him i wasn't feeling well so they rescheduled." he explained like it was nothing. y/n though, tensed up.

"why didn't you wake me up? i would've helped." she frowned, running her hands through his hair. he laughed slightly but shook his head.

"you looked so peaceful. besides, it'll go away in a couple of hours." he mumbled. y/n sighed and started to get up again.

"noooo, stay. i promise i'm fine." he pulled y/n back by her waist and gripped her like his life depended on it.

y/n sighed and pressed a chaste kiss to his burning forehead. "karl, your forehead is practically on fire. you're not "fine"." y/n scolded gently.

"your love is my remedy." he giggled softly. y/n couldn't help but laugh too despite her anxiety for him. she wasn't letting this matter go too easily though, his health was her top priority right now.

"nuh uh. you're not getting out of this one. i'm gonna go to the store to get some soup and buy you some medicine." she slipped out of karl's grasp and kissed his nose lovingly.

"nooo don't leave me." he made grabby hands towards her in hopes to get her to stay.

"i'm sorry pretty boy, i'll be back in 20 minutes i promise." she frowned slightly. she knew karl hated being alone but this was important.

"i'll be back as soon as possible i promise, i love you."

-

"karl baby i'm back!" y/n turned the keys sideways into the knob. she'd gotten 3 packs of chicken soup, 1 pepto bismol bottle, and some strawberry bon bon candies.

"y/n!" the door fully opened and y/n was instantly engulfed in a hug. "i missed you so much!" karl yelled loudly into the girls ear.

"karl i was only gone for 20 minutes." she laughed but returned the hug back anyways.

"worst 20 minutes of my life!" he complained dramatically. y/n shook her head but smiled anyways. she took his warm hand in hers and led him to the couch.

"sit." she pointed towards the couch expectantly. karl sat down obediently, hyper energy radiating off of him despite his sickness.

"i'm gonna pour some of this on a spoon, you're gonna drink it all alright?" y/n asked gently. karl grimaced at the sight of the pepto bismol bottle.

y/n left to the kitchen to get the spoon and came back a minute later walking slowly towards karl so the liquid wouldn't spill.

"come on karl, it really isn't that bad." she coaxed. the brown haired boy shook his head childishly and looked away from her.

"karl..." she warned half jokingly.

"my love if you wanna get better you need to take your medicine." y/n sighed. karl stayed put with his arms crossed.

"all right. no more kisses for you i guess." y/n put he spoon down and put on her fake disappointed act. "and no more hugs." karl looked at her from the corner of his eye. the thought of no hugs the whole time he was sick sounded dreadful.

"and no more cuddles." that made him snap and he quickly got up, grabbing the spoon from the coffee table. he downed it fairly quick and y/n was quick to give him a water bottle to get rid of the bitter taste.

"good boy." she smiled, placing a lingering kiss on his forehead. the boy smiled proudly, his cheeks tinted pink.

"are you hungry yet? i can make you some soup if you wa-

"i'm fine, i promise darling. can you just cuddle me?" he asked with a shy smile. y/n couldn't say no to that face- so the couple headed up back to his room and laid down on the bed. y/n laid down first and karl was quick to snuggle into her.

"thank you for taking care of me." his voice was dripping with fatigue. y/n smiled but shook her head. "i'm your girlfriend, it's my job. i'll always be here to take care of you. on your good and bad days."

"thank you." his voice was less than a whisper and he was out in seconds.

"of course, sleep well my pretty boy."

a/n i haven't updated in forever so here's smt from my tumblr 🙏