Thirty One: But Daddy!

WARNING REALLY SHORT CHAPTER AHEAD

Chapter Thirty One: But Daddy! (Neal’s POV)

“Shhh, don’t say anything yet.”

She just smiled and I pulled her in for a kiss again.

My arms found their way around her waist as we continued kissing for who knows how long.

It was crazy, to think that humans had the capability to be so consumed by someone else.   

 “Daddy, why are you kissing Reina?”

And that’s when I realized that we were still in the living room.

And Ben was awake.

Reina and I both jerked apart and turned around to look at Ben, who was standing outside his bedroom door, holding his blanket in one hand and rubbing his eye with the other.

“How come you’re hugging Reina too? That’s not fair.” Ben pouted, a little more awake now as a fairly red Reina buried her face into my chest laughing. Soon enough, I was laughing with her.

“Daddy! It’s not funny! I want a hug!”

Reina stepped aside and turned around to face Ben.

“Come here Ben.”

“No.”

“Ben.” She emphasized his name with amusement,

 “I said no.” Ben crossed his little boy arms.

“Okay, then I’ll come and get you.”

Ben turned around and ran around the couch, Reina following him, pretending that Ben was too fast for her to catch up to. She finally grabbed a hold of him and picked him up, so that Ben’s back was towards Reina and he could freely kick and try to break free from her grasp.

“Let me go!”

“Nope.”

“Please Reina?”

“I said no Ben.” She said sitting down on the couch with Ben in hand. She tickled him until he looked about ready to cry. Reina finally let him go as I sat down next to her on the couch.

“Daddy, Reina tickled me.”

“Okay, what do you want me to do about that son?”

“I don’t know but she should get in trouble.”

I looked up at Reina who was smiling uncontrollably. “And how exactly should she get into trouble?”

“I don’t know Daddy! It’s your job to know.”

“I have a couple of ideas, but I’m not too sure you’ll like them Ben.”

Reina immediately looked at me with her eyes wide, cheeks red and she slapped my arm as hard as she could, which wasn’t very hard.

 “What do you mean I won’t like them?” He asked looking as innocent as a four year old possible could.

“Oh, nothing.”

We continued joking around like that until Ben resorted to watching SpongeBob, much to my disapproval. After a couple of minutes, Ben spoke.

“When is the cake going to be done?” He asked.

“Crap.”

------

“Well, it isn’t too bad.” Reina said, peering at the cake we had just taken out of the oven.

“Do you think you’ll even be able to bite into that?” I asked, poking the crisp and frosted cake.

“Well, there’s only one way to find out. I volunteer you as tribute.” I said, holding out a slice to him.

“Woah, no one said you’d be able to use your Hunger Game references here.”

“It wasn’t technically a Hunger Games reference. In the movie, she says ‘I volunteer as tribute’. She didn’t nominate anyone else for that job.” She said matter of factly, putting the plate in my hands and raising her shoulder.

She was such a diva.

“Whatever.” I mumbled, taking a bite into the surprisingly not bad cake.

“Well?” She asked.

“It’s edible.”

“Does this mean I can have some?” Ben asked, walking into the kitchen.

“Yes Ben, but first you have to give me hug.” Reina said, pulling back the plate she had offered to Ben.

“Okay!” He said, raising his arms in the air. Reina picked him up, embracing him. He giggled, then shifted in her arms so that he could reach the cake.

“Someone’s eager.” I said, watching him stuff his face with face.

“What does that mean?” Ben said in between bites.

“It means that you were really excited, in this case, to eat the cake.” I said

“I was though!” Ben said, raising his eyebrow in confusion.

“I know that’s why I sa—“

“Neal, just let the kid eat his cake.” Reina said, her eyes focused on me.

“Yeah, you guys had to make it twice for me.” Ben said again, in between his bites.

“Exactly.” Reina and I both said, but for different reasons.

That was when the three of us began laughing, and needless to say, I would never get tired of moments like these.

_____
AN: Sorry I didn’t update as usual and sorry this chapter totally sucks lolololololololololololol. Schoolwork was overwhelming and it still is. Soooo that means no long author’s note. Thanks.
P.S. The next chapter is the last real chapter, please don’t shoot me.