-8-

"Pretty pretty please with extra pork in top" naruto begged to Kio.

It all started this morning when naruto went to her house to ask a favor. Apparently a really close friend of him needs help to catch his pet snake who got lost far away from the urbanization and also the snake hates Shino so he can't go.

Shino spent the night after having dinner with Kio and watching some movies he decided that he would stay.

Kio pushed naruto out of her house for the hundred time in the day "send a group of genins naruto why me?" She asked

"Because you lived with Orochimaru and he was a snake" naruto say with a 'duh' tone while letting his body weight fall into Kio so that it would be harder for her to push him out

Seeing this Shino walked past both of them eyeing the hokage and the medical ninja who runs the hospital "I'll be back tomorrow Kio" and with that he left.

No bye just a side glance.

"Is that your mans? Cuz he certainly doesn't look like it and he got a paper on his hand hun" naruto said in a sassy bitch tone

"Shut it and let's go get the damn snake" she answered madly but this time not at naruto if not at Shino. What was his problem and why did he leave so suddenly? And the paper on his hand.... Weird "I swear once I found the damn snake I will shove it into your asshole naruto"

On the other side of the village hinata was with sasuke looking for a lost snake "I'm telling you sasuke, he told me that the snake was somewhere in here" hinata said looking around

Sasuke, annoyed, just murmur how much he hated life right now while he looked around for a lost snake that a very close friend of hinata's lost while picking up apples from the trees.

The thing is that the trees in Konoha don't partially give apples but sasuke went through after all he wasn't an expert on apples.

"Kio I'm telling you, the snake got lost somewhere close" sasuke heard his over happy friend say to Kio, know everything makes sense for sasuke.... This was all a trap made by hinata and naruto who want them both to talk things out and even with they're lame excuse they manage to convince them to go or maybe did they suspected this coming up and gave in because they miss each other... or they are just two dummies who believe in everything that comes out of narutos mouth.

Arriving to the destination that hinata and naruto agreed, they both parted ways and run away as fast as they could. A enraged Kio was worst that the forth great ninja war.

An awkward silence rounded Kio and sasuke once they locked eyes together. Nor Kio or sasuke knew what to say about the situation they both were just put in.

"So there is no snake" sasuke asked clearing his throat and trying to avoid the awkward silence

"Yeah.... We got trick by an idiot" Kio answered looking away from sasuke

In the other hand all that sasuke wanted to do was to look at Kio, so his eyes didn't move away from her figure.

"We are the biggest idiots, we let them trick us with s a cheap excuse 'the owner lost the snake while picking up apples' bull shit" sasuke answered with a mad tone

Kio giggle at his answer "yeah we are some big idiots too"

"How you been Kiki?" Kio's heart stoped, she could feel the blood rush from head to toe. She wasn't expecting sasuke to use her nickname and she wasn't ready to hear it but after this many years she certainly missed it "good and you sas-gay" a cheeky grin made its way to her face

"I told you to stop calling me that kio"

"You know I named our son sasaki just to call him sas-gay" Kio said proudly remembering all the time she humiliated her son in front of his friends.

"Our?" Sasuke said with a big smile "our son!!"

"I... uh-oh I mean my son... yeah my son" she desperately corrected her self

Sasuke let out a hurt chuckle and looked away from Kio "I want to meet him but I'm scare he would hate me"

"Nooo??? Whattt?! Mister 'I don't care about anything or anyone' is scare of his son?"

"You got a problem with that?" Sasuke asked glaring at Kio

"No, i found it cute sasuke but that's your duty not mine... anyways I have to go my shift starts In a hour" she turned back to take the same route that naruto took when bringing her to find the not existing snake.

Sasuke had a conflict inside of him, he didn't know if he was suppose to stop her or let her go but he did what his heart told him ".....k....Kio.... I- I I'm sorry for leaving you alone that day" he finally said

She turned around and smile brightly at the not so young uchiha "I already forgave you sasuke but the question here is, have you forgiven your self?"

"What?" He asked confuse

"See you Sasuke, take care"

Kio left leaving sasuke confused, did he got an opportunity with her after all? But partially what it was bothering him the more is the fact that he didn't understand what she said about forgiving him self.

He feels guilty but he understands what he has done wrong, so there is nothing more to reflection about when he knows the reason she didn't came back.

He left the village for her to have a normal life all he did was for her, so why couldn't she see that like he does? Was he missing something?

Oblivious he left to his home still confuse about her words that are hunting his head.

Naruto's POV

I turned to my wife hinata while we left the forest, I couldn't stop but to be worried "do you think they would be alright hinata?" I asked holding her hand

"Yes naruto they would, if not you can find another best friend, shikamaru is a good option" hinata said with a big smile

I pout and looked down, Kio can easily kill sasuke who trusts every word that comes out from her mouth

"Don't die on me teme" I said and continue to walk with my wife.....

But thinking it twice.....

"Please Kio kill sasuke if not he's going to kill me for planing this.... At least I became hokage but still I got so much life forward I'm not that old"

"Oh let it go naruto Kio wouldn't kill him.... I think"

———————————————————————————

Sasunaru is real I just know it🤺🤺