Little Pet Bird

Footsteps filled their ears as another person approached the pair. Sam and Y/N stood in front of a poster of the so-called 'new Captain America' portrayed by John Walker. They tilted their head at the black and white picture in front of them, skeptical of the person chosen to replace the hero they once knew.

"Seems like a good guy," Torres said, stopping to stand next to the two.

"You met him?" Sam asked, turning his head to face him.

"No," Torres said and looked back at the poster.

"I don't trust him," Y/N said, not taking their eyes off of the slogan printed on the poster.

"Of course you don't," Sam said to Y/N before turning back to Torres as the three of them began walking towards the staircase. "Thanks for doing this on such short notice."

"Yeah. No sweat. I'm just finishing up the checklist," Torres said and gestured to the file in his hand. "You'll be all good once you land in Munich."

The three of them began walking down the staircase, Sam let out a sigh as he neared the bottom of the stairs as he noticed an unhappy looking Bucky Barnes. "Oh boy," Y/N said as they neared the bottom of the staircase, walking behind Sam.

"You shouldn't have given up the shield," Bucky said as he approached them.

"Nice to see you too, Buck," Sam said as he took the final steps before reaching the floor and continued walking forward.

"This just feels like drama waiting to happen," Y/N said.

"This is wrong," Bucky said and walked next to Sam.

"Hey, hey, look, I'm working, all right?" Sam said. "So, all this outrage is gonna have to wait."

"You didn't know that was gonna happen?" Bucky asked.

"I think he would've reconsidered if he knew it was going to be passed along to Carl Fredricksen," Y/N added.

"This isn't what Steve wanted," Bucky said, giving Sam a side-glance.

"Oh my god. What do you want me to do?" Sam asked with an annoyed tone in his voice. "Call America and tell 'em I've changed my mind? Huh?"

"Look, this was a great reunion and all, but we gotta get going," Y/N said.

"You had no right to give up the shield, Sam," Bucky said, ignoring Y/N's comment once again as they came to a stop and the two of them turned to face each other.

"You're not gonna come here in your overextended life and tell me about my rights," Sam said, pointing a finger in his face. "It's over Bucky. Besides, I have bigger things to deal with right now."

"What could be bigger than this?" Bucky asked.

"This guy," Sam said as he pulled out his phone to show a picture of a man in a black mask with a handprint painted across it. "His connections with rebel organizations all over Eastern and Central Europe, and he's strong. Too strong."

"And?" Bucky said.

"That's not suspicious at all to you?" Y/N questioned.

"Who even are you?" Bucky asked, finally acknowledging the third person in their party.

"Y/N Y/LN, I'm helping Sam with this mission," they explained. "He's connected to this group called the Flag Smashers. Sam's little pet bird has located them to a building somewhere outside of Munich."

"Redwing," Sam corrected.

"Well, I don't trust Redwing," Bucky said.

"How rude of you," Y/N said.

"You don't have to trust Redwing, but I'mma go see if he's right," Sam said. "'Cause I have a feeling that they might be a part of the Big Three."

"What Big Three?" Bucky asked with a confused look on his face.

"The Big Three," Sam said as if it was the most obvious answer.

"God, I thought that was a joke," Y/N exhaled.

"What Big Three?" Bucky repeated.

"Aliens, androids, and wizards," Sam said.

"That's not a thing," Bucky said

"That's definitely a thing," Sam said.

"Why would that ever be a thing?" Y/N asked no one in particular."

"Wha- Y/N, I thought you were on my side," Sam said, slightly offended. "Look, every time we fight, it's one of the three."

"So, who are we fighting now? Gandalf?" Bucky asked.

"How do you know about Gandalf?" Sam asked, slightly taken aback.

"Who doesn't know about Gandalf?" Y/N said.

"I read the Hobbit in 1937 when it first came out," Bucky informed them. Y/N responded with a small applaud.

"So you see my point?" Sam asked.

"No, I don't," Bucky said. "There are no wizards."

"Doctor Strange," Sam started.

"Is a sorcerer," Bucky continued.

"A sorcerer is a wizard without a hat," Sam said, as if victorious.

"That is not the difference at all," Y/N said, shaking their head, tired of the conversation.

"Not the point. These guys aren't magical," Sam said, moving on from the previous subject. "They use brute force like you, the incredibly annoying guy in front of me with a staring problem."

"Let's just go," Y/N said, leading Sam towards the plane that was going to be taking them to Munich.

"I'm coming with you," Bucky called out as he walked behind in the direction of the plane.

"No, you're not," Sam objected to no avail.