Mom And Dad Are Fighting

"I can sense you're not very happy with me, Y/N," Zemo said.

"And you wonder why?" Sam asked.

"Y/N, you can't hold out hope for Karli," he said. "She's gone."

"Listen, Helmut. I don't care what you say because I am not going to give up on Karli," they said with a clear voice. "She's my soulmate and I care about her, that's not going to change anytime soon."

Shortly after Y/N finished speaking, Bucky entered the room and began making his way over to the bar. "Something's not right about Walker," Bucky said.

"You just realised that?" Y/N asked from the couch.

"I know a crazy when I see one," Bucky said as he poured himself a drink. "Because I am crazy."

"Thanks, we knew that already," Y/N said, their temper getting short. And it wasn't about to get better because at that moment, John Walker entered the apartment with Lemar Hoskins in tow.. "How does it keep getting worse?"

"All right. That's it. Let's go," John said. "I'm now ordering for you to turn him over."

"Hey, slow your roll. Shield or no shield, the only thing you're running here is your mouth," Sam said. "Now, they had Karli and you overstepped. He's actually proven himself useful today."

"Hey, I already said that," Y/N added.

"We'll need all hands on deck for whatever's coming next," Sam said.

"How do you want the rest of this conversation to go, huh?" John said, becoming more hostile.

"No, I think we want for it to end and for you to leave," Y/N said, causing John to let out an amused chuckle.

"Should I put down the shield?" he asked mockingly and rested it against a pillar. "Make it fair?"

As if on cue, the Dora Milaje came marching in through the doors with the same intentions as John Walker, to arrest Helmut Zemo. But with John being the person he is, he decided to test their patience, resulting in a fight breaking out. At first, the rest of them only stood and watched, shouting out words of encouragement every now and then before joining the fight themselves. Zemo took advantage of the fact that they were all distracted and disappeared into the bathroom where he then left the building through a hole beneath the bathtub. Once the fight came to an end and they all realised that Zemo was no longer with them, the Dora Milaje left. John stayed around for a moment longer, processing the fact that he had lost the fight against women who weren't even super soldiers.

One fight had been finished but another was waiting for them. The group that had now been reduced to its original number returned to the place where they had seen Karli last. Bucky ran inside while both Sam and Y/N flew in, expecting bad things to happen. She was already standing there when they arrived, her eyes filled with worry and a hint of regret when she saw Y/N transforming from a raven, back into their human form.

"Karli!" Sam shouted out as his feet hit the ground.

"I don't wanna hurt you," she said, her eyes flicking over to where Y/N was standing next to Sam. "You're a tool in the regimes I wanna destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were to kill you it'd be meaningless. I was gonna ask you to join me. Or do the world a favor and let me go."

"Hey, Sam," Sharon chimed in over comms, "new Cap is coming. Looks like he found them or maybe they found him."

Sam turned around to face Bucky and Y/N as he spoke. "It's Walker."

Both Bucky and Karli jump off the balcony, headed for the floor below. The two collided in mid-air, resulting in Bucky getting pushed into the stone pillar that acted as support for the floor above. Sam and Y/N jumped down to join them, Karli lunged forward and landed a punch on Sam and he kicked her in the stomach in response.

"I'll send you the location, go!" Sam instructed Bucky who ran out, shortly followed by Sam flying. Y/N stayed behind for a moment and turned to look at Karli, now wearing her Flag Smasher mask.

"I won't hurt you, Y/N," Karli said.

"This would be a lot easier if that went for everyone else as well," they said, giving her one last look before reclining their arms and transforming into a raven and flying off to catch up with the boys.

In the business of fighting crime, death is not uncommon. John Walker was new to this type of danger, and looking over to find his best friend dead was not something he came prepared for. He was out for blood, and he got it. The shield had been bled on and dirtied by someone who wasn't meant to carry the responsibility of it, another fight led to it being in the hands of the person it had been passed down to in the first place. Sam Wilson.

"Now that you have the shield," Y/N asked Sam, "what are you gonna do?"

"I was thinking about heading home," Sam told them, "help Sarah out with the boat."

Y/N only nodded in response. "What about you?" he asked, giving them a gentle nudge with his shoulder.

"I don't know," Y/N admitted. "Everything's just been so crazy since I started seeing colors."

"Hey, why don't you come with me?" he offered. "You could help me out with the boat and I'm sure Sarah would be happy to meet you."

"I wouldn't want to intrude," Y/N objected.

"You're coming with me," Sam said with a small smile on his lips and walked away before they had time to object.

So, the three of them visited Sarah to help out with the boat. Well, it was mostly Sam and Bucky helping out with the boat because Sarah wanted to hang out with Y/N alone for a bit so they could talk about all the drama that had been going down lately.

"So, I hear you've found your soulmate," Sarah said with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, pretty sure she threatened you, actually," Y/N said, itching the back of their head while avoiding eye contact. "Sorry about that."

"I also heard that she's a Flag Smasher," Sarah said, giving them a sympathetic look.

"Yeah, makes things kinda hard," Y/N said. "Maybe I'm dumb to hope but it's all I've got."

"It's not dumb, you'll figure something out," Sarah said, "soulmates always do."

The two of them looked up towards the boat to see Sam and Bucky fighting over something, again. They couldn't help but let out a chuckle at the sight of it. Y/N's smile grew wide as they spoke back up.

"Oh no, mom and dad are fighting again," Y/N said, causing Sarah to laugh. "You know, I'm pretty sure they're soulmates but neither one of them have been willing to admit it."

"You know what?" Sarah said. "I believe you."