Flag Smasher

After the fight atop the trucks, the Flag Smashers had moved on to their new shelter where they had been provided with food and places to sleep. Nico took a seat at the computer which had been stationed on top of a desk that had been pushed up against the wall.

"You alright, Karli?" he asked as he worked on changing her identity in order to prevent an arrest from happening. "You've been a little off since the fight."

"I'm fine," Karli said from where she was leaning against a beam near the back of the room, shooting him a small smile to further prove her point.

"Was I seeing things or did one of them turn into a bird?" a Flag Smasher by the name of Lennox asked.

"They did," Karli said. "Don't hurt them, they could be useful." That instruction caused Dovich to look up at her only to find that she was avoiding his gaze, the last addition could be questioned and that was something she was aware of.

"Whatever you say," a female Flag Smasher said.

A couple of days had passed since and the trio were walking down the brightly lit hallway of the prison where Helmut Zemo was being kept. Their walking slowed down until they had stopped completely in the middle of the hallway, the silence being broken by none other than Bucky Barnes.

"I'm going alone," he said.

"And I thought the staring was the only problem you had," Y/N said. "You're stupid too."

"Y/N has a point," Sam said. "It's not like the two of you were known for frolicking in the sun together."

"It'll be okay," Bucky said before walking down the hallway towards Zemo's cell, leaving Sam and Y/N behind. He entered the room and began talking to him, informing him of the current super soldier situation with the recreation of the serum and everything that had happened recently. It was silent between the two friends that remained in the hallway. There was an obvious topic of discussion that was waiting to happen but Y/N intended to avoid it at all costs, Sam had a different idea.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asked.

"Talk about what?" Y/N says in an attempt to avoid talking about it.

"Y/N, you found your soulmate," Sam said. "That's a big deal."

"Sam..," Y/N said, keeping their gaze low on the floor.

"Wait," Sam said in a way that caused Y/N to look up from the floor. "It's not Walker is it?"

"God, no," Y/N said with a disgusted look on their face from the sheer idea of John Walker being the person they're destined to be with.

"Good," Sam said, giving Y/N a look of relief. "So your soulmate is a Flag Smasher then."

"Yep," Y/N said, looking back at the floor as they waited for Bucky to return from his talk with Zemo.

A couple of minutes later Bucky returned without a word and the three of them left the prison. Sam and Y/N didn't want to ask what had happened inside in case it had gone poorly so they didn't think too much of it at the time, little did they know that Bucky had bigger plans. And those bigger plans were to be revealed later that day.