Carl Fredricksen Gone Rogue

The three men back at the apartment were no more peaceful than Y/N had expected. The moment they walked in through the doors, a teacup was thrown against the wall of the living room area. Bucky and Zemo were standing, facing each other with Bucky wearing an angry glare while Sam resided on the couch next to them.

"What are you fighting about now?" Y/N asked as they walked further into the room.

"Your soulmate," Bucky said, turning his head to face them as they came to a stop near the middle of the room. "We're gonna be seeing her this afternoon after the funeral."

"Cherry blossom tea?" Zemo offered as if the previous fight was far in the past.

The day continued without much excitement until it was time for the group to leave the comfort of their apartment and meet up with the little girl Zemo had met at the orphanage. They only took a couple of steps down the street before none other than John Walker, otherwise known as Carl Fredricksen by Y/N, caught up to them ready to start another argument.

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit," John said and placed himself in front of them.

"Ah! How'd you find us now?" Bucky asked with a sarcastic tone in his voice.

"Can't he just fuck off already?" Y/N asked Sam who tried his best to conceal a smile.

"Not the time," he said.

"Come on," Lemar said, catching the attention of the group. "You think two Avengers and their friend can just walk around Latvia without drawing attention?"

"I feel honored to be bestowed such a title," Y/N said with a dramatic bow.

"No more keeping us in the dark," John said, ignoring Y/N's comment. He turned towards Zemo before he continued speaking. "You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison."

"He did that himself, technically," Bucky said with a shrug.

"Not to mention he's proven himself to be a lot more useful than you," Y/N said.

"I know where Karli is," Zemo said, proving his position.

"Well where?" John asked, impatient.

"All we know is, it's a memorial," Sam explained. "So we're gonna intercept her there."

"That means civilians," Lemar said. "High risk of casualties."

"All right, good, we'll move fast," John said, nodding his head slightly as he spoke. "Take her by surprise."

"No," Y/N said. Short and simple.

"What do you mean, no?" John asked, surprised that Y/N had spoken up against him.

"I'm gonna talk to her, alone," they said. It wasn't a suggestion but a plan of action, one they were not interested in changing. "She's vulnerable right now and if anyone can get through to her, it's me." Rather than waiting for a response, Y/N continued to walk down the street, hitting John's shoulder with their own as they did. John didn't wait long to object to this plan.

"What? No. Wait, no!" he spoke as he walked after them with the rest of the group now following along. "No! Stop, okay?" Y/N stopped and turned to face him with a stone-cold expression on their face, one that seemed to say that they were over all the bullshit. "I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot she blew up a building with people still in it."

"Y/N, you walk in there cold, she could kill you," Lemar added.

"She won't," Y/N said, ready to start walking again but stopped once John spoke another time.

"How do you know?" he asked.

"Because she's my soulmate," Y/N and continued to walk, this time without stopping. The new Captain America and his sidekick, Battlestar, were still unaware of this detail in the story that was playing out. It put an end to the conversation and at this point Y/N knew that they'd won this argument.

As promised, the little girl from the orphanage was standing there waiting for their arrival. She led them to the building where the funeral was held and the team made their way inside, stopping in a smaller room. Y/N was about to walk through the door that would take them to where the funeral was held but John took a hold of their arm before they could do so.

"You got ten minutes," he said, his grip still strong on their arm.

"Don't fuck this up, Walker," they said before pulling away and walking out of the room. The door led them out to a balcony above where the memorial was taking place. Y/N walked up to the railing and looked down at the group of people that surrounded the covered corpse of Donya Madani. Karli stood in the center of everyone, closest to her, speaking out to everyone about what Donya had meant to them all. After a couple of minutes of speaking Karli looked up at the balcony, she made eye contact with Y/N for a moment before looking back down at the people who surrounded her. After the memorial ended, the room cleared out but Karli stayed behind. Y/N picked up on that and went downstairs to meet her.