Chapter 5

Loki's back is suddenly met with a spray of water.  "Hey!" Loki exclaims looking back at you. His white T-shirt that he decided to wear is now soaked. "Why would you do that?" He was only met with your giggle. He is met to a spray to the face and he chuckles darkly. "I think it be best if you stop with this child like game before it gets much worse on your part." Loki stands up from his kneeling position. He agreed to help you in the garden even though he has no idea what he is doing. You called it 'Pruning' what ever that means. This is his third or so time spending time with you and despite the new feeling of having dirt under his nails and sweat on his forehead from doing something other then training with Thor. The heat of the sun was beating down on him relentlessly and since he was naturally more cold it was tiring him out faster. So I guess he could say he was grateful for the sprits of cold water. He wipes the sweat off his forehead and moves to slicking his hair back. He looks back at you. You are wearing a dress this time in a light shade of (F/C) with a straw hat with the same color ribbon. Loki's breath felt like it was punched out of his lungs when he saw you. Not that you didn't look fantastic any other day but he couldn't help his eyes gliding up your exposed legs. He knew his mother would bat him over the head if she caught how his eyes wandered. Your garden was beautiful and it stretched back to the edge of the forest. Their were tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, squash, and other veggies, Then there were a few berry bushes that lined the back pouch for easy access. There were a few fruit and nut trees scattered throughout the area. His most favorite was the small flower beds dotted everywhere which were mixed in with herbs. It reminded him of his time back in Asgard where he and his mother would read all sorts of things. This time Loki was met to a spray to the chest making his shirt completely see through. He looked at your eyes and could tell that you had an itch to look at him but refuse your eyes from wandering bellow his chin. He only smirks as he reached down and flung a small amount of mud that accumulated next to him landing on the bottom part of your dress.

"Thomas!" You gasp looking down at the mud slowly making its way down your dress. You weren't upset at all just shocked. This dress was what you wore specifically for working in your garden. You turned the nozzle from 'spray' to 'jet' and spray him in the chest again. "How dare you!" You say copying his accent which only has him respond in a chuckle. He takes another scoop of mud and flings it. This time landing your chest. You drop the hose and gather some mud in your hands and fling it at him but with your impeccable aim it lands on his face. "Oh now you've done it!" He quickly charges you  with a dollop of mud and you try and make a hasty escape. His arm wounds it's way around your waist pulling you back into his chest before smearing the mess on your face. You let out a high pitch scream . "Stop! I tap out! You win!" You say trying to push out of his grip. He lets you go with a victorious laugh. You turn around and look at each other up and down and you find yourself joining in on his laughter. "I haven't had a laugh like that since I was a child." Thomas says catching his breath. You nod and smile wiping some mud with the back of your hand. "How about we go clean ourselves up." You say picking up the basket of the assortment of fruit, herbs, veggies, and more and putting it in the crook of your arm. Thomas nods and follows you inside. "How about you take a shower and I will get you some clothes, I'm sure I have some somewhere for you to change in to." You say as you head to the kitchen to wash your hands. "That would be nice thank you." Thomas says. "Where is your bathroom?" He asks to which you respond by saying. "It is the first right when you exit the living room." You call behind you.

Loki tries his best to follow your instructions but his eyes are draw to the light orange glow coming from the room just past where you said the bathroom was. Loki looks back into the kitchen to see you washing your hands. He decides to wander into that room looking inside. He sees that there is a bed with different tapestries on it as well as a desk and book shelves. The warm glow catches his eye again as he looks in its direction he realizes that it is a candle. He walks up to it as it flickers more when he is close to it. It mirrors his curiosity the flame following the tilt of his head. He looks closer to see and open journal set beside it. Amongst the pages were a list of herbs, sayings, and runes. He doesn't think much of it until he sees his name written in it. He picks up the journal and begins looking through it. There are many journal entries talking about him. He looks at the candle closely to see the carvings on them which included his name again. As he looks more around the alter he notices a small plate with a pastry on it. The flame grows higher as he begins to think. 'Is... Is she worshipping me?' He looks through the journal again seeing the little anecdotes of your experience. It seems that he has been answering your questions all this time. Your voice was familiar because he has heard it for the past few months now. The voice that kept him at peace and hopeful that someone cared for him. Despite this he has no idea why you are celebrating him. 'Have they not seen what I have done?' He thinks to himself. Guilt builds within him as he remembers his first encounter with you. 'Despite my harsh behavior they still worship me... But then again they do not know that it is I they worship.' He hears the water of the sink stop and he quickly puts the journal down and rushes to the bathroom to begin his shower in hopes that he isn't caught.

"The clothes are on the outside of the door when you are done Thomas!" You call out as you gather your own clothes from your room in order to prepare for a shower. You hear the door open and close as he grabs the clothes from the floor. When he steps out his hair is wet small beads of water dripping down the sides of his head. He is wearing a grey T-shirt with some Harry Potter sweat pants which looked surprisingly good. "Uh Miss? Where would you like me to put these?" He lifts his hands to show you the dirty clothes he has. "Just put them in the hamper in the bathroom and I will wash them." You give him a small smile and walk past him into the bathroom and he follows putting them where they are suppose to be before leaving.  In the bathroom you have a closet that has both the washer and dryer and you begin to undress putting both yours and his clothing into the washer to be cleaned. You step into the shower not having to wait to long for the water to heat up. The mud and dirt wash over your body and down the drain. 'Need to remind myself to clean the tub later' you think to yourself getting your favorite scented shampoo and begin massaging it into your scalp before rinsing and using conditioner. After you have soaped up and rinsed your hair you step out of the shower and get dressed. You look at the washer to see that it had a few more minutes on it before you have to transition it to the dryer. You walk out to see Thomas standing by the couch seemingly waiting for you. "I do apologize but it seems that I am having a little bit of trouble at home. Would it be okay if I were to leave and come by at a later time to retrieve my items?" You hold in a laugh at how he speaks and nod. "Yeah. Don't worry about it." Thomas nods. "Thank you (Y/N) I will be sure to return these." He pinched the shirt he is wearing and lifts it slightly. "No, no it's fine! You can keep them I don't mind." You say smiling. "As long as you are sure. I will see you again." He says with a nod before putting on his muddied shoes and leaving.