Chapter 6

Laughter echoes throughout the small space of the kitchen in your small home. "Would it be weird if I say that I have never had this?" Thomas gestures to the plate of spaghetti in front of him. "You have never had spaghetti!" You exclaim. This causes Thomas to laugh the wrinkles around his eyes are more prominent. "Well go on! Try some of mine! You have never had the magical spaghetti made by yours truly!" You say digging in. Thomas nods and twirls the fork in the saucy noodles before taking a bite some noodles hanging out of his mouth. "You need to slurp the rest." You say. He just gives you a confused look and bites down having the rest fall on the plate with a splat making some sauce splash on his white dress shirt. He huffs slightly and you only smile. "I guess I should have warned you that it is a bit messy." "Yes a warning would have been nice now... Slurping?" You are already way ahead of him slurping noodles into your mouth. Thomas looks at you with disgust but you only giggle and wipe your mouth with the napkin. "I'm sorry that my peasantry doth offend you my lord." You say laughing trying a half-assed British accent. "You are nothing of the sort!" Thomas exclaims making you jump. "You are worth more then that! Don't you dare delude your character." You noticed his knuckles are white from gripping the silver wear so tightly. You slowly reach over and place a hand on his. He flinches slightly but allows you to touch him. You notice that he relaxes slightly letting go of the silver wear but also how cold he is. "It was only a joke Thomas... But thank you for defending me like that." You stand up taking his hand in yours gently pulling him out of his chair toward the sink.

You get a small wash cloth dampening it a bit before slowly raising the cloth to his chest where the stain is and wiping their making sure not to scrub to hard. You glance up at Thomas making sure he is comfortable with you touching him more. His arms are at his side with one resting against the sink counter area. His eyes not leaving your face. Your face heats up feeling his eyes on you. "It is hard to remember my self worth sometimes." You say quietly slowly seeing the stain leave and the wet spot growing more on his chest. Your other hand rests on the other side of his chest your thumb gliding against the shirt. "You are the first to talk to me in a while so what I say about me is normal to me." His head leans down to where you are looking up at him again your (E/C) eyes lock with his green ones. His eyes look tired and hold so much behind them, he was an old soul who has seen so much it seems. You feel his hand that was once on the sink on your elbow his thumb rubbing against it slowly. His eyes glance down to your lips then back to your eyes. You quickly look away and continue wiping even though the stain is out yet you are hesitant to move from your position. You can smell the cologne he put on before arriving it is a calming yet seductive smell.

Only a small orange dot is left from where the sauce was sitting. You see his hand glide up your forearm up to your hand leaving goose bumps in its wake, his hand incases yours fully. This makes you look up again eyes connecting again, but this time you glance down at his lips. Thomas steps forward his body only an inch or so from yours. His other hand moving a strand of your (H/C) hair out of your face tucking it behind your ear. His hand rests on your cheek before sliding the the nape of your neck rubbing his thumb against your pulse point. He leans in his forehead resting against yours. You can feel the rising and falling of his chest you are worried he could feel the pounding of your heart pounding against your ribcage. "Thomas" You whisper your noses touch his thumb gliding the the apple of your cheek tilting his head. You feel his breath mingling with yours. You close your eyes leaning in your lips brushing for a moment only to be met with nothing as a beep from his pocket rings through out the room. He is suddenly paces away from you looking at his phone. You place a hand on your cheek and feel the heat radiating from them. You drop the cloth in the sink and keep your back to him trying to calm down. That encounter felt like a life time that you forgot to breath. You have never felt something so intimate before. Yes you have had past lovers but this was different. He was alluring and you ached for his touch. His hands were calloused yet the way he touched you was soft and delicate. His touch has power behind it and he knew it , but never had he tried to use it.

You stare out of the window above the sink to your garden. The sun is slowly setting. 'Were we really going to kiss?' You think and suddenly your mind is on a unending cycle of thought. 'I have only known him for about two weeks!' You glance over your shoulder to see him turning around. You quickly look away making it look like you were doing something holding your breath again. "(Y/N)?" Thomas asks. "Y-Yes?" You ask spinning around quickly to the point you almost fall over. "I must take my leave now but I enjoyed our evening together." He says pocketing his phone. "I did as well! Would you like to take some with you?" You gesture your hand toward the bowl of spaghetti. He shakes his head "I'm fine, but thank you. See you soon?" Thomas asks. You nod "Of course Thomas." You smile sadly that the evening has to end so soon. He steps toward you only to stop. "Good night (Y/N)" He says bowing his head before heading to the door looking you in the eyes briefly before he leaves not leaving you time to respond. "Good night Thomas..." You whisper after him.

Loki's walk back to his housing is slow despite that he should hurry. His mind is occupied with the thoughts of you. He knows that if that text message didn't interrupt he would have bedded you if you wanted. The way your hands felt on him illicit a fire with in him that he couldn't control. He is unsure of his feelings towards you. He wasn't sure if it was the desire to be with you genuinely or if it was just lust. He hasn't been with a person in a long time. He exits the forest and looks back down the path he just walked. The thoughts of desire fills him as well as uncertainty. He wants you, but he isn't sure how he wants you. He is interrupted by the sound of cars coming down the drive way. He quickly enters the cottage and sits down on the couch where he had last left a book he was reading. The sound of keys jingling and the door opening causes him to look up. "Captain to what do I owe the pleasure?" He asks as Steve walks in shutting the door. "Did you get my text?" Steve asks with a stern voice. "Yes." "Good we need to talk about something." Steve says walking over and sitting on the coffee table in front of Loki. "What would this conversation include? I assure you that I have done nothing." Loki says placing the book beside him crossing his arms over his chest. "We believe that Hydra is active again or something along those lines anyway." Steve states. "And this has something to do with me how?" Loki says quirking a brow. "This Hydra copycat group has been targeting people with divine like powers. We believe that there is a base active near this location but we haven't found an exact location." Steve says and pauses. "I'm sure I can take care of myself Captain." Loki says annoyed. "Not as well when your powers are limited. I just want you to stay alert... Do you understand?" Steve  asks and Loki nods. "Then I will leave now. We don't need to bring attention to this place." Steve says and just as fast as he was here he is gone.