Chapter 14

It has been twenty hours since Loki has seen you. The group is now back at the compound and all Loki has done is sit and look out the window. The mixture of the crazy lady's blood and your blood are caked on his face, hands, clothes, and underneath his finger nails. The handcuffs are still on his wrists because the team are unsure if they should take them off fearing the result. All he is thinking about is how last night could have been the last night he could hold you. He is trying to remember how your heartbeat felt against his chest, how smooth the skin of your arms were, the way your hair smelled, even how you drooled on his shirt that night. He wished he could have stayed in that moment forever. He felt anger toward himself for putting killing that woman above comforting you in what could be your last moments. He remembers how dull your eyes looked. As if the color was taken right out of them. Your beautiful (E/C) orbs had a glassy film with remnants of tears that haven't fallen over your cheeks yet. The smell of your blood is what got him the most. Normally he would revel in the smell, because it meant that he once again came out of a battle victorious, but now the smell left his stomach churning. The bald lady kept contradicting herself when it came to your chances of survival and all he could do is hope that you will awaken. Suddenly the sound of a pair of footsteps can be heard from behind him. "Loki..." He recognizes the voice of Tony Stark. "Me and Banner tried everything we could." He says and Loki's shoulders tense up. "I think it is best if you say your goodbyes." Tony says. "Is it because I am me?" Loki asks. "What?" "Is it because I am the God you despise so much that you are willing to GIVE UP!" He says shouting and turning toward him. "We did not give up we simply don't know what to do Loki..." Bruce Banner says staying a few paces behind Tony to try and avoid the Gods wrath. "That has never stopped you before! This woman owns my heart and you are willing to let her die because you hate me so much!" Loki says pacing up getting within inches of Tony. "Lo-" "NO you are the worst monster I have ever come across! Take me out of the equation and think about this young woman's life!" Angry tears are brewing in the Gods eyes. "S-She did not deserve to have her last waking moments in a cold dark room full of fear!" He hisses and finally Tony speaks up in his brief pause.

"Her body is fighting itself Loki! Whatever they put into her is tearing her body apart because it is not compatible with her biology!" Tony exclaims. "Her cells are mutating and disintegrating as well as her body decomposing faster then we can work!" Tony says. "You need to say goodbye..." Loki turns away from the pair and brings his hands up to wipe his eyes then nods. "Take me to her please..." He whimpers out and Bruce and Tony only murmur for him to follow. As they walk Loki's steps seem to get heavier and heavier because he know that he will never see you after this. Tony opens the door for Loki as they step inside his lab. He has never seen something so gruesome in his life. You are in a tube laying down and from what he can tell it looks like you are in ice. There are multiple wires connected to you and the tube. Your face and body seem to have sunken in slightly and this time your eyes are closed. Despite all this you seem at peace, your face has a soft expression as if you chose to sleep and never wake up.  "Can you open it?" Loki asks. Bruce starts to speak. "I don't th-" "Open it Bruce." Tony says and he only nods. The chill instantly covers the room. "Will you release me please?" Loki asks not taking his eyes off your face. Bruce and Tony give each other a look before Tony appears beside him with a loop of keys unlocking the cuffs. Loki walks a few paces away to grab a chair and sets it next to you. "May I have a few moments of privacy please... Then I would like to be taken back to my cell." He says sorrow present in his tone. "Come on Bruce." Tony says and the pair walks out. Loki takes his time now to examine the rest of your body. You have stitches nearly covering you from head to toe as well as bandages. Loki presses a cold hand to your equally cold body over your chest in hopes of feeling a heartbeat by some miracle. He removes his hand from your chest and moves it to your hand that is closest to him. He holds it rubbing  his thumb across your knuckles before he brings it to his lips and kisses it.

Steve is heading down the corridor when he sees both Bruce and Tony with handcuffs in hand. "So Loki is out of the cuffs now?" He leans over toward a viewing window before quickly removing himself. "Yeah..." "What is it Stark? " Steve asks. "It's just I have never seen him like this before." Tony says looking toward the door. "I couldn't give two shits about him, but seeing him like this..." Tony sighs. "I don't think he is as bad as we thought." Bruce nods and says. "He wanted time alone with her before she gets taken. He said he wants to be handcuffed again and to be taken to his cell... Not his room." Steve sighs "Love is a crazy thing. I just never thought I would see it from Loki." Steve says looking down. "She is dead we need to prepare for the worst. I think the cell is the best idea." Steve says only to hear a booming voice from behind him. "My brother will not be put in a cell!" Thor says storming up to the trio. "Can you not see the pain he is in! He is heart broken! You think putting him in a cell is what is best!" Thor bellows. "That is what he wanted point break. He wants to be put back in his cell." Tony says looking up at him. Thor looks away. "He hasn't been this way since mother died... A cell is the worst possible place for him." The group of four look toward the door once again before walking off in separate ways.

"Oh my Dove... I don't know how to convey how sorry I am that this happened to you." Loki murmurs between placing kisses on the back of your hand. He places his other hand on the top of your head stroking the stubble of what is left of your hair. His bottom lip quivers as he tries to fight back a sob. The tears he has been holding has finally boiled over. "I should have stayed with you to protect you! I felt that something was wrong but I didn't do anything about it!" He says moving his hand from the top of your head to the side of your face stoking your cheek. "I should have kissed you that night we were eating that heinous pasta." He says with a sad chuckle. "I didn't say anything but you had tomato sauce running down your chin... But I would have kissed you anyway!" Loki leans his forehead against the palm of your hand. "If I knew that the time I spent with you would be the best time of my life I would have never spewed any form of hate toward you." He moves his other hand from your face to the top of your hand and places it on his head. He sits hunched with his head facing your top half with tears running over the bridge of his nose and on to the weird bedding that is inside the tube. "I remember you asked me what my favorite color was... The night before this tragedy." He pauses to let out another sob. "I might have said your (H/C) or the color of your lips. They were so kissable, but my true answer would be (E/C)." He says with a laugh. "I would give my soul to see your eyes once more. They say that the eyes are the window to the soul." He says sitting up against being sure to keep ahold of your hand so it wouldn't fall. "I could tell that your soul was troubled, but you were happy. Your soul was so light and full of warmth..." He looks at the brand on the inside of your palm. "I wondered if you looked into me the same way. As in... How did my soul look to you." He wipes his eyes with one of his hands without letting go of yours. "This is suppose to be a goodbye but I can't... I-I can't say goodbye!" He cries out. "I love you my Dove I do! I love you to the bottom of my being!" Loki shouts hoping where ever you are you can hear him. His chest is heaving up and down as he finishes his speech. "I love you." He murmurs as he kisses the inside of your hand against the brand. He goes to set your hand down finally when suddenly  your palm began to glow. One by one the runes along that arm began to light up in a (F/C) color. He gasps and quickly runs out of the room. 

"STARK! BANNER!" He shouts down the halls which causes all of the team running toward him. "Something is happening!" They all bombard him with questions. "Follow quickly!" Loki exclaims rushing back to the room. The group gasps when they see the glowing light. "How did you do that!" Tony shouts as Bruce rushes to the monitors. "What ever he did it has made her more stable!" Bruce says in surprise. "Do it again Reindeer Games!" Tony shouts and Loki presses a kiss to your forehead and the symbols along your chest light up. "I think she is going to live brother!" Loki says turning to Thor. "I believe so too brother." Thor responds.