Dripping Cone

○●Your POV●○

"Lucky theres an ice cream stall nearby," I hum, holding Chongyun's hand as we make our way down the sidewalk.

"What flavour do you want? I'll order it for you," Chongyun says.

"I'd love (fav ice cream flavor)," I smile. "and thanks. I don't feel like talking to other people tonight."

"I get you," Chongyun chuckles. "oh! Remember that time we went to get ice cream close to the start of summer?"

"Oh, crap," I let out an airy laugh. "that was embarrassing. I said you were my boyfriend."

Chongyun grins. "Yeah. But you saved me."

"I did," I say proudly. "I'm the best."

"You are," he smiles. "and I remember you paid last time. So this time, I'm gonna pay for us."

"You've been paying all night. Let me buy my own," I smirk, nudging my arm into his side playfully.

"Nuh uh," he nudges back. "I'm fine paying!"

"Alright, alright," I sigh with a smirk. "I'll let you pay. But be warned, next time, I'll be in charge."

"Okay, boss," he snickers as we make our way to the line up, which was surprisingly short.

"Well, well, look who it is," a familiar voice chirps from behind us.

I turn around to meet a bright, smiling face. I smile in return and nod my head. "Yanfei, Kazuha, we meet again."

"How are you?" Yanfei asks. "and whose this? I don't think I've seen him with you before."

"This is Chongyun. We were just getting some ice cream before we go back home," I grin.

"Dripping cone, on a hot summer day," Kazuha hums, tapping his chin.

"Kazuha is at it again with the poems," an unfamiliar person on the right of Kazuha sighs.

"Who's this?" Chongyun asks.

"Oh! This is Gorou. Gorou, this is (Y/n) and Chongyun. They're sophomores," Yanfei giggles.

"Hello, Gorou," I smile at the boy with brown hair and white streaks on the front part of his bangs.

"Hi," Chongyun says.

"Glad to meet you both," he flashes a grin.

"Where are you guys coming from? You're dressed up all nice," Yanfei asks, still smiling widely.

"Actually...we came back from the restaurant over there. We went on a date," I smile sheepishly.

"A date?!" Yanfei squeals, clasping her hands together. "How cute!"

"Ah! Dripping cone, on a hot summer day, after a sweet date," Kazuha smiles contently.

"Very nice," I grin.

"Thank you, my lady," Kazuha nods.

"My lady," Chongyun echos.

"Save the formalities," Yanfei sighs. "And they're obviously together, Kazuha!"

Kazuha laughs and apologizes quickly. "Sorry, I was deep in thought of my poems. I didn't register the date part thoroughly."

"Oh my," Gorou sighs quietly.

"It's okay, Kazuha," I laugh.

"We can help whoever's next!" A lady from the window calls.

"Our turn," Chongyun mutters, taking my hand and walking towards the counter.

"They're so cute," Yanfei sighs. "I want a date."

"Then get one," Gorou says.

"It's not that easy..."

"Wondering far, beneath the starry cluttered sky, pink struts alone," Kazuha mumbles.

"Seriously?!" Yanfei sighs, placing her hands on her hips.

"What would you both like," the lady sighs, and then that's when I realize-

"Have we met before?" I ask, while her expression shifts into a mocking one.

"Yeah, it's the cute blue haired boy and his annoying friend," she chuckles annoyingly.

"I'd like a vanilla cone dipped in chocolate please, and my partner here would like (your fav flavor)," Chongyun says.

"Tch, okay," she rolls her eyes and leaves the window.

"I remember her. From last time we went for ice cream..." I huff.

"Yeah," Chongyun frowns, but pats my head reassuringly. "It's okay, she won't be able to squeeze through that window and get either of us."

"Here," she holds back a sigh and hands me my ice cream.

"Thanks," I mumble.

"And here is yours," she winks, handing Chongyun his ice cream.

"Knock it off," I mutter, tightening my grip on my cone. "go work somewheres else."

"I can't hear you sweetie," she smirks. "okay, pay up."

"I'm paying," Chongyun huffs, slamming the money on the counter.

Chongyun takes my hands and pulls me away, and I turn my head around and stick my tongue out at the girl. She looks pissed.

"That was amusing," I laugh but it's cut short when I feel soft lips on mine. The kiss wasn't long, but it felt sweet.

Chongyun sighs. "I wish people would just respect others."

"I know," I frown.

"Hey," Chongyun lifts my chin up, his sparkling blue eyes staring into my eyes. "It's okay. Why? Because you know I'll never leave your side."

"Stop being so cute," I mumble, a goofy grin appearing on my face.

"No-...oh," Chongyun murmurs, looking down at his ice cream which was dripping down his hand.

"Hurry up and lick it!" I gasp.

"Yours is dripping too!"

"Oh no!"

Quickly licking up the mess, I end up finishing my ice cream faster than Chongyun does. I stare at his treat with hearts in my eyes, and he notices. With a sweet laugh, he let's me taste some.

"Yummy," I smile contently.

"You inhaled yours," he cracks a smile, watching me wipe the stickiness off of my hands.

"We didn't even go and sit down," I laugh.

"That was quite a show," someone giggles from behind us.

"Yanfei," I say.

"We watched what happened. (Y/n), the ice cream inhaler," Kazuha laughs.

"It was going to turn into a waterfall if I didn't eat it quickly," I counter.

"Guys, look," Gorou says, pointing at a edge of a hill in the distance. There is the sun, setting quickly as yellow and orange color fill the horizon.

"So beautiful," I say in awe.

"Is this the part where Chongyun says," Yanfei gets on one knee and grabs my hand. "(Y/n), you're beautiful. Marry me."

I pull my hand back and laugh at her. "Knock it off."

"When you guys get married, invite me," Yanfei says, standing up.

"Invite us," Kazuha laughs.

"Me too," Gorou smiles.

"Okay," Chongyun nods, his cheeks flushed with pink and a big smile dancing across his lips. My heart flutters as we both stare into each others eyes.

Yanfei places her arm over my shoulder, a grin plastered on her face. "Can you guys find me a date?"

"You are something else, Yanfei," I chuckle.

(Hehehehehehushahaha hi everyone 😋)