Chapter 2

"Where's my cheese?!" the creature crosses his arms.

I roll my eyes at him. "Don't you ever get full? You bother me with this every single day!" It's my turn to cross my arms.

"You know I'm a kwami. Helping you turn into Black Cat so you can save London from evil doers takes a lot of my energy. So, I need cheese! Also, my stomach is infinite."

"I never asked to become a superhero! I never asked to be cursed to have a magic ring following me wherever I go! And I most definitely did not ask for an annoying pest of a kwami like you!"

Pest looks hurt and I feel guilt building up inside me. Whenever I got mad at my friends, he was there for me, in his own weird way. We've had small arguments but nothing like this. I have finally snapped... at him. It had just been a matter of time. He turns to go through a cabinet where the camembert is kept. I have to apologize but... I need some time alone.

I take off the silver ring in my right ring finger and leave it at the top of the cabinets. I walk up the stairs to go to my room so I can brush my teeth. And what do I find but the ring with a black cat with two small emeralds as eyes and a small ruby in the cat's forehead. The ring in it's transformed state.

My curse: I can't get "rid" of the ring even if it's just setting it aside for a few minutes. It always comes back to me as soon as there is a five feet distance in between. However, I could have that burden taken off my shoulders with a true love's kiss... I'm kidding... kind of. Pest says I'm supposed to kiss whoever my "partner" is or something.

Not very specific but, that's all I can go by. I've tried giving Lady Luck roses and inviting her to rooftop dinners to get closer to her but I've given up hope it's her. There is only one other superheroine in mind that could be "her" but like Lady Luck, it's impossible for it to be Melodie. Better leave it in my pocket while I'm in Paris.

"You're not leaving me in your pocket!" I hear a small voice say as Pest comes out from inside the ring before going inside one of my suitcases, making my ring turn back into its silver state with a square design. Right, I forgot about that small detail. He can sometimes read my thoughts, if he focuses his kwami powers on that.

After brushing my teeth, my mother and I get inside the limousine to take us to the train station. It's a 13 minute trip to the station and 2 hours and 16 minutes to get from London to Paris.

Paris, here I come.