Chapter 1

{London}

I wake up to find the sun shining on my face. It was only a year ago today that my cousin Adrien Agreste lost his mom, my aunt, Emilie. Mom and I will be visiting Adrien and his father, the famous fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste today. I know mom will try to get the Graham de Vanily twin rings back from my uncle, since they rightfully belong to the Graham de Vanily family. However, he will probably not give them up willingly, being the cold, emotionless, and selfish man he is.

It's ironic in a way. I lost my father a few months ago after Adrien lost his mom. He didn't go to his funeral, probably thanks to Gabriel. I lost my father who started to drift away from me during his last days and I still have my mom who is always positive and happy -with the exception of my father's passing when she cried nonstop every night. She actually reminds me of a blue-haired girl who is always with a bubbly personality.

Back to Adrien, he lost his mom who is an exact replica of my mom and is stuck having Gabriel as his father who is a jerk like my father was -like I said- during his last days. But that's not the ironic part. The irony is that we lost the opposite parent so one of us has a happy mother and the other, an uninvolved father yet Adrien acts as if it's him who has the happy mom and I -as much as I hate admitting it- act as if I had the heartless "parent".

I look to my left towards the clock at my bedside. 7:45 AM. I should get ready, the train leaves at 9:20 AM and I still have to make breakfast. I take off the bed covers and get out of bed before walking to my closet where I pick my usual attire. Black dress pants, light grey dress shirt, a black vest, and a black tie. I know, pretty normal for a fifteen year-old kid right?

I take my clothes to my bathroom where I set them down by the counter. I look at myself in the mirror.

A teenager who lost his father and now has daddy issues, a friendless teenager, a kid who had to grow up faster than he wanted to in order to take care of his mother, a boy trying to fit in, a magician... a trouble maker. That's all I am. All I see when looking at myself. Maybe going to visit my cousin isn't such a bad idea.

After taking a 15 minute shower and getting dressed, I grab my hairbrush and start brushing my hair in a plain look. A flashback appeared in my mind. A time when I used to laugh and joke around. When I tried to make my hair look as crazy as I wanted. When I was happy. I shake out my thoughts. I don't have time for this.

I get out of the bathroom and quickly make my bed. I take my phone from a drawer and turn it on. "32 unread messages" I look at the contacts to see who it is that's texting me and immediately regret it. Bridgette, Allegra, Claude, Gavroche. Turning my phone off again, I went to the kitchen to make some eggs, bacon, and toast.

After 10 minutes of cooking, the sound of heels takes my attention away from setting the table. Mom was standing by the doorway. She's wearing her usual attire: A grey blouse with a black outline, black skin-tight dress pants, a black blazer tailored specifically for her, and her black one-inch heels.

"Oh Felix, I've told you, you don't need to make me breakfast every day. It's not something a boy your age should be doing. Why don't you go meet up with your friends?"

Remember how I said I'm friendless? It's not entirely true but it's not necessarily a lie either. My "friends" and I usually have a good time but ever since my dad died, my temper has started to give out and they're the only people I can take it out on. I don't like to lie to her, but she's been through enough and worrying about my social life should not be at the top of her list -or anywhere on her list for that matter.

"I'm just excited to see my favorite cousin today." I give her a fake smile so she thinks I mean it. She gives her signature warm smile in reply.

We start eating without saying a word. Father used to be the one that always started the conversations. Without him here, the house is deadly quiet. No pun intended. "I'm huuunnngggryyyy!" I hear a small whimper.

I clear my throat to cover the voice as much as I can before drinking water so mom won't think it suspicious. Wait until I get my hands on that little pest. It went on like this until we finished eating. 50 minutes left until the train leaves. When mother leaves, a small black cat-like creature comes from behind me.